Whirling Disease

Ask jeeves search engine he fetches some up.

I checked that one and their information is related to rivers, streams, and lakes. It is also outdated. The Discus link one I posted and the one you gave me are more up to date on what fish it affects.

We lost a Chacachaca to this a few months back, it was not a pleasant sight seeing the poor fella somersaulting around the tank. In the end we had to euthenaise him. :(

Sir, did you disinfect the tank, etc..? Did he have any tank mates? Any idea if he was like that from the LFS?

I'm asking because I am trying to get all the information I can.

enchanted said:
Sir, did you disinfect the tank, etc..? Did he have any tank mates? Any idea if he was like that from the LFS?

I'm asking because I am trying to get all the information I can.
We're pretty certain than he was already infected when we got him. there was a small lesion near his gill which we didn't notice when we bought him, but found when we got him home.

The lesion grew and his swimming became irratic. The other chaca we bought at the same time died a few weeks later too. later on we lost a small but expensive plec (L35) the same way.

We dosed the tank with melafix and interpet No8 and have not had problems since.

All right what is interpet No8? It seems to be a UK only product. Do you have the ingredients by chance please?

enchanted said:
All right what is interpet No8? It seems to be a UK only product. Do you have the ingredients by chance please?
Sorry, no. We used the whole bottle and binned the packaging, but it's specifically for internal bacterial & viral infections.

It was recommended to us by CFC.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back