Which Would Kill More Unwanted Snails?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Which would kill more unwanted snails?

• Total voters

Mayu

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I have over 200+ bladder snails in my tank. I got one assassin... obviously a snail that eats one snail a day isn't going to help. Still waiting on a delivery of more snails to my local pet store. (they're having a hard time getting more assassin snails in.)

I was thinking of adding Panda loaches... but I'm not sure if I should just wait for the snails, or if I should get the loaches instead

My tank was over run with baby apple snails - they hid the eggs! I now have not that many apple snails and two very fat assassins!

I have tried to add snails to my tank but all my fish eat them. My cichilds LOVE THEM I have seen my tetras eat the tiny ones. When I first set my tank up with plants I had snails after adding my fish I never saw any ever again.

Also don't let food lay around.

My tank is a X-ray Belly tank with 2 mollies and 2 black neon tetras.

Plus like I said, there are at least 200 bladder snails... and I don't know how many eggs. I don't think my lonely assassin can handle it by himself... so I ordered 6 more... but so far my local pet shop only has 1 and is having a hard time getting the others. Drs foster and smith doesn't sell them... and there was one place that sells them someone linked to here... but they sell in bulks of 10. I think 11 assassin snails would be overkill and they'd quickly run out of food once the snails were gone.

So I'm hoping the pet store can find a supplier and get me 5 more soon. Until then, I was pondering the idea of the pandas since they're readily available through Drs Foster and Smith (usa)

I think I'll hold off a bit longer and wait on the snails since a lot of people keep suggesting them.

Maybe I'll try the lettuce trick again. Perhaps the assassin can eat the snail eggs while I try to get rid of the actual snails... though the last several times it didn't work well. I got maybe 10 snails the last time I tried. I think the buggers are onto me. lol

I'd of thought the loaches, but Assasin snails are supposed to be good to. Why not both :D

James.

I'd of thought the loaches, but Assasin snails are supposed to be good to. Why not both :D

James.

Because loaches eat snails... the assassin snail is a snail... thus the loach would probably also eat the assassin snails, so it probably wouldn't be a good idea to spend money on the assassin snails and loaches, cause I'd end up with only loaches. It would be a waste of the $1.00 per snail for the assassins if the loaches ate them.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back