Which Water Conditioner

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ChrisP

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Which water conditioner do you use? I have tried many different products now, tap safe was my favourite for a while but I find it does not last that long when changing nearly 90L of water every week. Any out there that last that bit longer?... :blink:

I use API stress coat. 5ml per 38lt. Seems to work OK. I have seen ultra concentrated conditioners which only require you to add a few drops to the tap water, which I guess would go further.

Sam

I use King British Pond dechlor. 1 bottle treats 5000 litres for £10. only need to add 1ml per 10 litres (after doing a calculator jobby on it)

Andy

Which water conditioner do you use? I have tried many different products now, tap safe was my favourite for a while but I find it does not last that long when changing nearly 90L of water every week. Any out there that last that bit longer?... :blink:
Why not buy the "pond pack". It's the same stuff and far more economical.

I use seachem prime.

5ml per 190 litres (1ml per 38 litres), and the bottles are cheaper than API stress coat or nutrafin aqua plus to begin with. £5.99 for 250ml of it, which treats 9500 litres.

Other than that, I like it because it doesn't have any useless fancy stuff like aloe vera.

If your interested, have a read about water conditioner ingredients at this link :).

The cheapest one Ive found is API Tap water conditioner. Its by the same people who make stress coat but is extra extra strong. And you can buy tiny bottles of it fot a couple of quid. Its even better value for money than pond dechlorinators

Interesting, didn't realise the Seachem was so much cheaper. I guess I started with stress coat 5 years ago and haven't thought to change. Interesting read that article too.

Sam

The cheapest one Ive found is API Tap water conditioner. Its by the same people who make stress coat but is extra extra strong. And you can buy tiny bottles of it fot a couple of quid. Its even better value for money than pond dechlorinators
Although that stuff apparently doesn't deal with the chloramine added to our water, only the chlorine and heavy metals.
We have it for sale where I work, it costs the same as the seachem prime, it's just like twice as concentrated and comes in smaller bottles...works out the same price, except the prime does more and is easier to dose.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back