which type of guppy?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

duendecillo

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Hey everyone,
I'm new to fishkeeping and to this forum, so I don't really know if this is the right place to ask, but could someone tell me which kind of guppy this is? I read there are many kinds, but I'm not really able to keep them apart.
Thanx in advance for your help.

Greetz

PS: not sure how to add the picture... so maybe you don't see anything now

Attachments

• maleguppy1.JPG
    maleguppy1.JPG
    51.4 KB · Views: 81
looks like a leapard guppy or that waht they call them here :lol: but i havn't seen one with balck spots on colourless tail :thumbs: make ur own name up???? :thumbs: :D i do for some of my livebearers just make the name describe there body colour and sometimes it area wher it comes from.... thats usually how they are named :D

okay, thanx!
So this one is called the Belgian Leopard then! :p
Well, we call him Pringle, maybe it sounds better than Belgian Leopard?

Hope it becomes a very popular kind now! ;)

its a very beautiful guppy, you should consider breeding him with a guppy of his king, or try cross-breeding with another species of guppy. :thumbs:

Well, thank you for the reply, always nice to hear that someone likes your fishies :)

He's together with 2 females at the moment. But they already look quite fat, so maybe some other guy beat him to it before I got them... -_-
I'll try to take and post some pictures of the females, maybe someone could tell me if they're pregnant then...
(I know, sorry for all the newbie stuff here, I can't help asking it)

its ok to ask questions! you can really tell if they're pregnant if they have a gravid spot on their rear- end(he-he) in the case that your guppy is already dark colored, youll notice that shes gotten quite a bbit chubby. My female guppy has similar coloring of yours that you posted, and shes pregnant. right now shes in my net breeder cause shes gonna have her fry today, but man, she's so fat that she looks like a puffer fish right now!

well, I've done my best, but it's kind of a blurry picture, she doesn't really like to be photographed I guess...
So it's probably impossible to see if she's pregnant in this picture?

and stupid me... the picture got lost too... lets give it another try:
(also, if there are any suggestions for a name for this one... feel free...)

Attachments

• female1.jpg
    female1.jpg
    57 KB · Views: 73
all of those fish look great... but it might just be me, i dont see any females, all of the tails are large and bodies colorful wich is a sign of a male

-_-
well, you probably know more about this than I do.
are there no females with colourful, big tales?
They do have a little black spot, and there bellies are bigger too...
I'll try to post a better picture later.

i wasnt sure, dont go by me, ask one of the guys here with a couple of years under his belt. plus pictures sometimes fool you. :D

attached is a pic of my neet breeder, if you look closely you can see the top of my pregnant guppy.(the quality is really bad because it is from the digital camera inside my moms PDA- if they made the camera good, the price probably would have went up a couple hundred $

Attachments

• M0000008.jpg
    M0000008.jpg
    32.6 KB · Views: 75
Very beautiful guppies you have there :eek: That female in the last pics is amazing. Beautiful tail and leopard patterning. And yes that is a femal(you can barely see a gravid spot). You can have long finned females, there's even half black females . Keep up the good work they all look healthy and happy :thumbs:
Just to show you what i mean about the females, here's my big tailed female :Eve

Attachments

• Eve.JPG
    Eve.JPG
    11.4 KB · Views: 68

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back