• 4ft acara community and 6ft peacock/hap tank

Votes: 4 50.0%
  • 6ft acara and severum community and 4ft mbuna tank

Votes: 4 50.0%

• Total voters

malfunction

Fishaholic
Reaction score
So I have a 4ft tank running and am currently waiting for my 6ft to arrive. My 4ft contains a soft water community based around my electric blue acara. Iā€™m in two minds over what to do with my 6ft when it arrives. Option 1 is to use the 6ft for a peacock/hap tank, and to keep my 4ft as it is. Option 2 is to move the softwater community to the 6ft, and then use the 4ft as an mbuna tank. Iā€™ve really grown to like the EBA since I got it, and this option would allow me to keep a group together with a couple of Severums. I just canā€™t make my mind up which option to go for (I know, first world problems!) What do you guys think? Vote and let me know why.

Yeah, everything Iā€™ve ready says mbuna are the most aggressive group of Malawi cichlids. I was actually thinking about the more peaceful ones - yellow labs, rusty cichlids and yellow tailed acei. They seemed like a safe bet but would still provide lots of colour. But then again, Iā€™ve wanted to keep a peacock/hap tank for a while, which is why I keep going in circles.

Yeah, everything Iā€™ve ready says mbuna are the most aggressive group of Malawi cichlids. I was actually thinking about the more peaceful ones - yellow labs, rusty cichlids and yellow tailed acei. They seemed like a safe bet but would still provide lots of colour. But then again, Iā€™ve wanted to keep a peacock/hap tank for a while, which is why I keep going in circles.
I would only have mbuna with other fish if you have experience.

I would do the option you don't have. Move the Severum community to the six foot and set the four foot up with peacocks/haps.

Peacocks and peaceful Mbuna (electric yellow, rusty & aceii). They will breed and you can sell most of them, and you get lots of colours without major agro.

I quite like the option of the peaceful mbuna and peacocks together. I was wondering whether 4ft is a bit of a tight squeeze for peacocks though. How many fish in total do you think I could fit in it? Maybe 5 peacocks and 8-12 mbuna? Or is that too much?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back