Which T5 Is Better

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
title says it all
Not really but I'm guessing that you mean for plant growth. Triplus have a very large blue peak and large red peak and a smallish green peak. Plants like blue and red so this is good. Daylight tubes tend not to have so much red and blue but do have a large green peak which plants don't really use (some will debate this fact but the way I see it plants are green because they reflect this wavelength). So possibly the triplus is better for plants.

What's best is usually what you like best. I don't like daylight tubes because they wash out the colours and prefer triplus because of their purplish colour. Others don't like the purplish colour and like the bright green of the daylight. Both tubes will be able to grow plants just fine at the end of the day.

James

title says it all
Not really but I'm guessing that you mean for plant growth. Triplus have a very large blue peak and large red peak and a smallish green peak. Plants like blue and red so this is good. Daylight tubes tend not to have so much red and blue but do have a large green peak which plants don't really use (some will debate this fact but the way I see it plants are green because they reflect this wavelength). So possibly the triplus is better for plants.

What's best is usually what you like best. I don't like daylight tubes because they wash out the colours and prefer triplus because of their purplish colour. Others don't like the purplish colour and like the bright green of the daylight. Both tubes will be able to grow plants just fine at the end of the day.

James

hello thanks thats what i ment :blush:
mine blew the other day and i was running a triplus have decided to go for a daylight this time to see what the diffrence is
my tank looks so sorry for its self i cant wait to get the light back and get payed so i can kick start some growth. :)

As James has said its down to personal preference. I hated the pink front light because it made my sand look pink in the front so I took it out and both are daylight now.

I like Green. lol and of my fish cardinals already have loads of colour as long as light is shining on them and Otos and pitbulls don't really have bright colours for a Pink Light to enhance.

Andy

While on the subject, of lighting,
anyone know of a 3x tube overtank illuminare ?
Im after a t8 but can only find a 2x Arcadia make, (want one that wont leak light into the room as my bed is lower than the tank,

and a 4x t5 is SO expensive, leaving me with a 2x tube t8 (are you confused yet)

the 3rd tube is in my list of Must have as I want a night viewing light.

While on the subject, of lighting,
anyone know of a 3x tube overtank illuminare ?
Im after a t8 but can only find a 2x Arcadia make, (want one that wont leak light into the room as my bed is lower than the tank,

and a 4x t5 is SO expensive, leaving me with a 2x tube t8 (are you confused yet)

the 3rd tube is in my list of Must have as I want a night viewing light.
if you want night veiwing i recommend cold cathode night lights or led moon lights, ive read a tuturial on how to make both, ill try and find them for you (Y)

ahh yes I know the tutorial,
but if I use overtank Lighting with a 2x T8 how would I connect that onto it :)

I currently have a 1x red LED apparently fish dont see red,

p.s Glad you understood what I wrote I wrote as it confused me writing it

I tried Triplus and Daylight Plus PC T5, on seperate occasions over my nano.

Daylight Plus looked much better and growth was no slower, to my eye, than Triplus.

I tried Triplus and Daylight Plus PC T5, on seperate occasions over my nano.

Daylight Plus looked much better and growth was no slower, to my eye, than Triplus.
thanks for the reply george, mine started as a nano, its now a 10 gallon which is turning into a nightmare :(

Most reactions

trending

Back