Which Plants Are These?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

hexy

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Please could I have some help in identifying these plants? I believe first is Amazon Sword???

Plant 1
IMG_1737.jpg

Plant 2
IMG_1722.jpg

Thank you!

1st One looks like Microsorum pteropus to me, could be a species of Echinodorus however, the 2nd one is definitely Anubias, probably nana judging from the 1st picture.

Dunno that first pic looks like Echinodorus to me.

I have had these in my tank for quite a while but seen much growth (even with some co2). I bought them as Amazon Swords but not so sure?? The main growth I have is occasionally a very long stem and then more flowers growing off it.... Does that give any further hint as to what itis?

1. Possibly, Echinodorus Bleheri - http://naturalaquariums.com/plants/echbleheri.html - Nice plant i have one in my tank and its growing the stalk to the surface that will hopefully flower.

2. Looks like Anubias.

I have had these in my tank for quite a while but seen much growth (even with some co2). I bought them as Amazon Swords but not so sure?? The main growth I have is occasionally a very long stem and then more flowers growing off it.... Does that give any further hint as to what itis?
Yes, that is an Echinodorus species then.

Most reactions

Back