FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

nitro

Fishaholic
Reaction score
Should i get

1 of these 'Tropical Lamp' link1

and 1 of these 'Freshwater Lamp' link 2

Or should i just get two Freshwater lamps?

The tank is quite well planted and has neons in it.

To be honest with you i dont like either, the original tropical lamp it too red and make the tank look dingy and dirty and the 2nd one is too yellow for my liking.

Personally id get 2 powerglo or triton tubes

I have to disagree about the 2nd one because i already have 1 and i think it looks very good, bright and brings out the neons colours alot.

i would avoid the tritons, they're more for salt water, and powerglos too, unless you can fit a lot of them. Go with life glos. :nod:

The plant expert from Practical Fishkeeping magazine actually recomends a combination of the the Arcadia Original Tropical and freshwater lamp. The Tropical at the front and freshwater at the back.

Although on its own the tropical gives a reddish light and is not very bright, in combination it is quite pleasing.

I have them in my 240 litrs tank which also has the addition of a Triton.

It also depends on whether you personally like the combination.

I think it looks fine.

Thank you for your replys. I think i may go with 2 freshwater instead of one of each.

Hello.
Have you ever tried "normal" tubes, for example a combination of Osram Lumilux 830 and 860? :huh:

Nitro - The Arcadia Freshwater Lamp is a good bulb and really brings out the green of the plants. Combining this with the Arcadia Original Lamp would give you a more balanced light and colour rendition but the intensity would be less than two FWs.

BTW did you see my pics of my new light setup in my Juwel Rio 125? I think you were asking about how to add extra tubes.
http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?showtopic=67570

Yep ive looked at your lgiht set up.

Like you had i will proabaly add an extra tube.

I will proabaly get

2x Freshwater
1xhagen or arcadia plant tube

Another question for ya all.

Do you think i would need CO2 with 2WPG for a quite heavily planted tank?

nitro said:
Another question for ya all.

Do you think i would need CO2 with 2WPG for a quite heavily planted tank?
It would definatley make the plants grow better and i would use it, but it isnt a necessity at 2wpg.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back