Which HOB have self prime ?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Dajuyu

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I know that Seachem Tidal series have it but its kinda of overkill for my budget .
Any other suggestions for HOB that have self prime abilities since my area always have power trip and without self prime the tank will be let without operational filter. (Looking for a backup HOB since I am already using Fluval C4 currently .

Any advice are welcome ...Thanking you in advance.

The Marina slim filters do. I have been very happy with mine. Super quiet also.

AquaClear do. However, it depends on how full the tank is. If the water level in the aquarium is lower than the motor on the HOB filter, none of them will self prime because they get air in the intake tube and won't be able to suck water.

If you have a hang on back (HOB) style power filter, make sure the water level in the aquarium is at least as high as the top of the motor on the power filter.

AquaClear do. However, it depends on how full the tank is. If the water level in the aquarium is lower than the motor on the HOB filter, none of them will self prime because they get air in the intake tube and won't be able to suck water.

If you have a hang on back (HOB) style power filter, make sure the water level in the aquarium is at least as high as the top of the motor on the power filter.
Thanks @Colin
Emm I never tried that .. if that works means Fluval C4 can also have self prime ? I am eyeing C4 but the motor is outside the tank .
Normally when motor is outside the tank it cant syphon the water from the tank without manual prime .

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back