Which Heater?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Ebbo

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Hi,

I need to buy a new heater as I've noticed the temp fluctuating a tiny bit in my 40g tank - I've alays used ones from a decent 'job lot' I bought from ebay a few years ago. They were pretty good at the time but nows the time to spend a little more cash on a new heater me thinks.

I've been looking at the torpedo shaped Rena models, but has anyone had any which they would swear by?

Many thanks,
Paul

i use the hagen elite in all my tanks ranging from 10 gals to 80 they have never let me down also that slight fluctuatoin is most probably the heat created by your lights

Hagen Elite have served me well, as have Visitherm, Hydor and Tetratec. Superfish heaters are rubbish however, adverage life 2 months...

Temperature fluctations in by-metalic strip type of heaters tends to be the first warning of a failure in the wind (or water in this case) so I'd get it swapped out ASAP :good:

If externally controlled by one of my little boxes of tricks, I don't stick to any particular brand of heater.

If using a stand alone heater with the built in stat in operation, I always use Hydor Theo. They have proven themselves IME to be the most accurate and reliable.

Having said that, I have on occasion used Hagen, Rena and Visitherm without any issues other than accuracy of the temperature selector.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back