Which Fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Luketendo

BLENNY :O
Reaction score
Basically after 1 1/2 months of living together my female clarkii clown decided that she hates my Bangaii Cardinalfish and has bitten it's fins a lot. So on Saturday I'm going to return it hopefully for some money as I paid £30 for it. Anyway this has left me with a question of what to get in its place.

I'll give you some info on my tank and stuff.
180L, 27kg live rock been running for 4 months.
2 Clarkii Clownfish (pretty small not mature yet but showing signs)
1 Bicolour Blenny (clowns are fine with)
The Bangaii Cardinalfish which is just smaller than the clowns
1 Coral Beauty Angelfish (Don't have it yet but have one reserved)

If you need any other info, just ask.

Anyway I have made a short list but I am not sure about suitability for various reasons, the one that really applies to all of them is whether my clownfish will be inclined to beat it up (they don't beat my blenny up so I don't know):

Lyretail Anthias or any Anthias - Tank size? Feeding issues? Beat up?
Flasher Wrasse - Will it get beaten up?
Goby and Shrimp - Will my Blenny beat it up?
Leopard Wrasse - Feeding issues? Beat up?
Six Line Wrasse - Will it beat MY fish up?
Also there is a much larger Bangaii Cardinalfish I may be able to get my hands on which dwarfs the clowns and is meant to be aggressive because it won't accept other cardinals.

So basically can anyone give me any ideas for suitability for these fish or perhaps suggest other fish.

Thanks .

What about a small shoal of Chromis? They are very peaceful fish and look great under actinics.

I had Chromis with 1 false perc and 2 Iraian Jaya clowns, a bangaii cardinal, a coral beauty, green mandarin and a blue damsel in a 180L tank and they all got on fine. I did have another smaller false perc, but the 2 Irain Jaya's beat the granny out of it, so he had to live in the sump until I get it rehomed lol.

Lyretail Anthias or any Anthias - Tank size? Feeding issues? Beat up? Tank not big enough
Flasher Wrasse - Will it get beaten up? Good choice, I have one in my tank, it puts the clowns in their place
Goby and Shrimp - Will my Blenny beat it up? Blenny and Goby will disagree, I added goby first
Leopard Wrasse - Feeding issues? Beat up? Tank a bit small I think
Six Line Wrasse - Will it beat MY fish up? Would beat up on your fish eventually, although not straight awayAlso there is a much larger Bangaii Cardinalfish Could be a good choice

Tina, I meant to ask, are those picasso clowns in your sig? If so, are they yours and where did you get them?

Cheers,

AK

They are not picasso clowns no, KJ has a picasso clown, she did have a pair but lost one to that clownfish disease beginning with B. (sorry thats not very helpful)

My Clowns are TMC tank bred Percula. Got them from Aquascope in Blackburn, they were in a tank on their own, so had formed a bond already and were hosting a nem. Mine ignore the nem I got for them though, I made too good a decision to get them the Rhosactis mushrooms. -_-

They are not picasso clowns no, KJ has a picasso clown, she did have a pair but lost one to that clownfish disease beginning with B. (sorry thats not very helpful)

My Clowns are TMC tank bred Percula. Got them from Aquascope in Blackburn, they were in a tank on their own, so had formed a bond already and were hosting a nem. Mine ignore the nem I got for them though, I made too good a decision to get them the Rhosactis mushrooms. -_-

Hi Tina,

I wasn't sure, as the white bits on them seemed wider than normal. I think your's are really cute! That's a shame about KJ's one dying. Brooklynella, the bain of clownfish. :-(

Thats the one.

The picassos she got were stunning. She lost the one pretty quickly but used enriched food to save the other. I think its clear of it now, she has not said there are any more problems.

Ok then I will see if I can persuade them to sell their big cardinal but I know they do stock flasher wrasses so I may well hold on if they don't have one.

Anyway thanks a lot your answers were very useful :). (unlike some other forum)

Got a flasher this morning think it is a Carpenter's.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back