Which Bulb To Buy?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Dubby

His legend will never die
Reaction score
I am looking for a good 15W T8 tubelight to replace my Grolux for a heavily planted tank. The tank is 60L and at the moment I'm using one Grolux and a Tri-phosphor Full spectrum Daylight tube.

Which bulb would you recommend ?

Im using an interpet daylight tube on a 60l at the moment, its about as close to daylight as i have seen in flourescent tubes, its 6500k. Arcadia freshwater tubes are quite good at bringing out the greens in plants, they are 7500k (i think, nearly sure) but i guess it depends on taste, i dont even mind the Arcadia origional tropicals (reddish hue from them) most people hate them, but if you want a bright daylight type tube the interpet would fit the bill.

any more ideas?

Has anyone used the Interpet Tri-plus ? Feedback?

I tried out the Sun-Glo and was disappointed with its output. ANyone else used this?

I use sun-glo in conjunction with power-glo
I am happy with the results as the sun-glo penitrates my blackwater down to the substrate. the power-glo gives the plants the wavelength they need to photosinthisize(sp). (62 gal)

I also use tri-plus in conjuntion with flora-glo on another tank and this is by far the brightest tank I have. (82 gal)

on a third tank (42gal) I use a gro-lux and the plants seem to love it but it sort of dulls the fishes colours. Soon I'll add another tube to that tamk to rectify this problem

HTH

I use sun-glo in conjunction with power-glo
I am happy with the results as the sun-glo penitrates my blackwater down to the substrate. the power-glo gives the plants the wavelength they need to photosinthisize(sp). (62 gal)

I also use tri-plus in conjuntion with flora-glo on another tank and this is by far the brightest tank I have. (82 gal)

on a third tank (42gal) I use a gro-lux and the plants seem to love it but it sort of dulls the fishes colours. Soon I'll add another tube to that tamk to rectify this problem

HTH

I was considering replacing my Grolux with a Tri-plus to encourage my plants to grow even more :) In your experience do you find Tri-plus better than a Grolux for plant growth?

Personally I use:

2 X Sun Glos
2 X Life Glo2s

Of the two I'd recommend the Life Glo2s over the Sun Glos.

any more ideas?

Has anyone used the Interpet Tri-plus ? Feedback?

I tried out the Sun-Glo and was disappointed with its output. ANyone else used this?

i've used both (i think i've used just about everything at some point. i've got 14 part used tubes in the cupboard!!!)

tri-plus - very purple not strong enough to do anything for plants unless you have lots of them together (same goes for Original Tropical) plus the red is too strong and will promote algae growth (in most cases)

Sun glow - VERY yellow in appearance, also weak light.

i personally love the arcadia freshwater tubes (yes zig, 7500K) mixed with dennerle special plant (3000K)

although i'm rather excited about a new ADA tube (amano's company) look at the website NA Lamp
it's 8000K and gives off a crisp white/green light (according to richard at aquaessentials - member on here). they are getting them in stock in about 2 weeks. i'll definatly be ordering one. if it's good enough for amano, it's good enough for me.

I've gone ahead and bought the Interpet Tri-plus as my LFS didnt have Arcadia 15W tubes. It seems to be helping as all my plants have started pearling (without even adding CO2) :)

Now to wait and see.........Thanks for all the help

My brother had 5x Gro-Lux in his tank and he just recntly got 5x Philips T5 and they make his tank soo much more colourful and the plants are glowing with colour. I can post before and after shots but I can only do it late tomorrow.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back