Which Brineshrimp Kit To Buy...?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

rossyt99

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I am looking into buying a 'Brineshrimp Hatchery Kit' for feeding BBS to Angel Fry, and have seen a few on-line.
"NT LABS" have a complete kit for 8.99, and I am wondering if anyone else has this, or any other good BBShrimp hatchery kits.?

> I believe you just add the airline into the Device and the salt/light/Oxygen + Correct Temp. should provide a successful hatch rate...??

Any Information greatly appreciated. :rolleyes:

you can make your own with a 2litre plastic Coke bottle or any plastic container that holds about 2litres.

Put 1 litre of salt water into the container
add 1/4 level teaspoon of brineshrimp eggs
put an airstone in the water and let it bubble away for a day

when you see orange things in the water the eggs have hatched. remove the airstone and put the container next to a light. The baby shrimp (called nauplii) will gather near the light. Use an eye dropper or syringe to suck them out and feed them to the baby fish. When you have removed the shrimp put the airstone back in the container until next time.

Start a new culture each day using freshly made salt water. You can use natural seawater or make up salt water with rock, marine or swimming pool salt. Get a hydrometer and make the salinity about 1.025

you can make your own with a 2litre plastic Coke bottle or any plastic container that holds about 2litres.

Put 1 litre of salt water into the container
add 1/4 level teaspoon of brineshrimp eggs
put an airstone in the water and let it bubble away for a day

when you see orange things in the water the eggs have hatched. remove the airstone and put the container next to a light. The baby shrimp (called nauplii) will gather near the light. Use an eye dropper or syringe to suck them out and feed them to the baby fish. When you have removed the shrimp put the airstone back in the container until next time.

Start a new culture each day using freshly made salt water. You can use natural seawater or make up salt water with rock, marine or swimming pool salt. Get a hydrometer and make the salinity about 1.025

Thats saved in MS Word! Muchos Gracias! :good:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back