Where's The Medaka Ricefish Going?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Butch

Fishaholic
Reaction score
I just want to know why the normal colored medaka disappearing from aquahobby? They don't even pose threaten to anyone, they are very good beginning fish yet they don't show up in pet stores anymore, only sterile glofish appeared there. Glofish are easy to take care but they are 90% sterile, yet there are lots of them, even on commerical producation...its so shameful to not renew the interesting of medaka ricefish.

Hey Butch stiil searching for those illusive Medaka's
I take it you've had no luck.
For a long shot try contacting a Mr Nakashima in Japan. it seems like they've disappeared from europe,
[email protected]
Regards
BigC

are they commonly called rice fish? and brakish? there were some like that (from googled picture) in my lfs

Yeah their common name is ricefish but I don't know about brakish. ill check out these email address about the medaka fishes that bigc typed. Hopefully they have more of these once a popular fish.

Hahaha.....In here in Korea you can either buy them(AT 300won, or 30cents) each, or collect them yourself....But I haven't got any.

Hey Butch,
Just got an emal back from Monty at Trimar and they are experiencing difficulties in getting stock. Didn't go into specifics though.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back