Where's Byron?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

@Byron, you well know how I feel....wishing you the best and fearing the worst. We go back a fair ways my friend. I'm remembering that time the crazy lady on the other forum raised a ridiculous fuss about the tone of your posts, I defended you, Youngster booted me, and you resigned in protest - cementing a bond that has lasted all these many years...Sometimes you just have to say enough is enough and walk away. Hang on for all all it's worth as each day is a gift we call the present. But when it's your time, I wish you God's speed my friend until we meet again. :-(

I don't really know you, only from my short time in this forum. However, each time I read one of your posts, my respect for you grows more and more. I have had aquaria and fish for over 6 decades but each and everyone of your posts is not only right on, but most importantly, given with full honesty and desire to truly help those seeking advise. I sincerely wish you well, especially peace and the comfort of knowing even strangers care deeply for you. My best feelings and positive energy to you.

@Byron

I haven’t known you very long at all but you have helped me numerous times in the past and i thankyou for that. My wife was diagnosed with cancer at just 25 and it’s been so difficult for me, nevermind her. I wish you all the best and, by reading the previous posts, so does everyone else.

Godspeed Byron

f1e228a49740e145d99cbc7daac93d5f.jpg

Hang in there matey, the road might be bumpy and the curves might be tight, but as long as you stay positive, keep your chin up and smile, the human fighting spirit can work miracles :)

Keeping kicking cancer's backside, show it no fear...sending all things positive your way kiddo, keep strong, be positive :)

@Byron I knew that you had cancer but was not aware of the terminal diagnosis. As someone who has first-hand witnessed medical miracles (sky-diver shoot did not open up, survived; man beaten almost to death and fully healed 1 day later) I will be praying that, even if you do not believe in God, that he uses this opportunity to make himself known to you and even more, that he would restore you.

Our physical body is a temple, but I truly believe it is not the end. I pray that you find this truth, too.

In floods of tears reading this thread. @Byron , I hope you know just how much you mean to so many of us. You're an amazing aquarist who has helped thousands of people through your posts, I'm sure, myself included - but also an amazing person, able to reach the hearts and minds of people who have never had the pleasure of meeting you in person, yet still care about you and see who you are, just through your words. Your thoughts and attitudes towards the natural world and our responsibilities as hobbyists have had such a huge influence on me and so many others.

It's wise to arrange for who may be able to take care of your fish now. I think you'll feel more at peace if you know that it's handled and that they will be okay, and you can focus your strength on taking care of yourself day to day, and connecting with people when you feel able. You can enjoy fishkeeping vicariously through the forum still, take photos of your tanks and fish and treasure those.

Thinking of you often. I just want to try to express how much influence you have had on people, and how much respect and affection we have for you. Wishing you strength and peace my friend.

I am so very grateful for all the kind words and wishes, thank you all so very much. I have an update which is for once a bit more positive than it has been. The new immunotherapy drug the oncologist changed me to a couple months ago does seem to have targeted the cancer, even to the point of reducing what had been increasing over the past several months by one half to one-third. The side effects were unbelievable, I could not eat any solid food without nausea, at times I could not even drink liquids, my energy level was at an all-time low, I could hardly bear to walk with my left leg...fortunately these have improved, so perhaps the gain was worth the pain, though my oncologist said he was sorry the reaction was so severe and he would do everything he could to prevent a recurrence, starting with a resumption of the treatments at half dose this time. Hoping for a "cure" may be overly optimistic given the aggressive nature of this cancer, but who knows. I am still sad to have had to give up my fish/tanks, but even with any improvement, the difficulty I had maintaining the tanks as I consider necessary was not really fair to the fish. They now have a good home so far as I can tell.

Byron.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back