Where To Buy Live Rock?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Luketendo

BLENNY :O
Reaction score
Where do you guys think I should buy my live rock? I need 20kg of it and live in Sussex, so nearby shops or mail order will be needed.

Where do you guys think I should buy my live rock? I need 20kg of it and live in Sussex, so nearby shops or mail order will be needed.

Do one of your LFS sell it?

Yeah Maidenhead Aquatics sell it at £15 a kilo, which is really expesive and at that price I could get STM Ultra Live Rock for less.

I've not been to Paraquatics and heard they sell it at £9 a kilo so I guess I could go there and I've not seen World of Fishes with any live rock in stock or a price.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
well in general you get what you pay for, not saying to go really expensive or anything.

Well the rock at Maidenhead Aquatics looks pretty average, but I will check again.

Rock from Mailordercorals is uncured and smells loads etc. Of course there are auctions but do any post?

You'll find it is quite expensive, I was looking online for some but then found my LFS sold live rock. It ended up coming up to £100 for it but it does look really nice and it's full of colour, that's only two larger rocks too I think it's about 12kg.

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi Luke

The best and cheapest way to buy is from an established reef - my sister and I bought from a chap off ebay who was shutting his tank down, we transported it in water for approx 45 minutes, had little die off and great coraline/hitch hikers. Some times they will also sell you their live sand :good:

Check out aquarists classified and flea bay

Seffie x

:fish:

Hi Luke

The best and cheapest way to buy is from an established reef - my sister and I bought from a chap off ebay who was shutting his tank down, we transported it in water for approx 45 minutes, had little die off and great coraline/hitch hikers. Some times they will also sell you their live sand :good:

Check out aquarists classified and flea bay

Seffie x

:fish:

Ok thank you very much I will have a go I guess.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back