Where should I move him?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Spen2cer

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have a male halfmoon plakat, who is semi agressive. I need to get him out of the current tank he is in. Should I put him in my 10 gallon shrimp tank? It only has shrimp, and is more than moderately planted.

Yes but he could well eat the shrimp. If he does there is a possibility he will over indulge and make himself ill - another member had this problem a few weeks ago.
Could the shrimp go in the current tank so the betta has the ten gallon to himself?

Depends on the Betta, set up and the size of the shrimp. My first Betta gorged himself on my smaller shrimp and that may well have contributed to his death (though I still think there was something internal going on), second Betta who is thriving will harass them a bit but he hasn't had much of an impact on them but that could be because a lot of the shrimp that were left are the larger ones so too big for him to eat. I also have plenty of places for them to hide so I'm still getting a lot of babies.

Update: I moved them in together. He hasn't eaten any, and seems to view them as tankmates, not food.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back