Where in the water column do your honey gouramis hang out most?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

MammaBearinTN

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I just bought four honey gouramis and just love these little cuties. They're currently quarantining in a 10G tank, but I'm hoping to add them to my 30 gallon long. I'm just interested in how they'll fit in with the rest of the fish.

Thanks!

Upper half amongst the plants (tall or floating) but they will have a nosy at the bottom now and again. They are a lovely fish.?:fish:

Upper half amongst the plants (tall or floating) but they will have a nosy at the bottom now and again. They are a lovely fish.?:fish:
I'm really loving them. I have no idea re sex, though, so I'm hoping I don't have 3 males chasing after one female when they're a little older.
:(

Once they get to full size the females will be the ones that don't have noticeable colour (orange or red) into the fins.
Subtler, males get dark around the throat/ chest when in breeding mode and the females have a faint dark stripe down the lateral line.
Have you tried posting photos to see if anyone can tell male/ female?
I've only had one male and he died in apparent good health, I wonder if the male rainbow (tank boss) stressed him to death just from the pheromones. I never saw aggression nor injury though and he seemed to bumble about unperturbed. I have 5 lovely females now.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back