Where I’m at with my set up....

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishNturt808

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
It’s been an ongoing process. Both trial and error and plenty of hours researching online, on this forum, and numerous Facebook groups. I finally feel like I’ve found a winning recipe...

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    417.5 KB · Views: 1,144
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    416.3 KB · Views: 77
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    385.6 KB · Views: 76
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    369.6 KB · Views: 75
Nice looking tank, I like the hobbit house, I have what I call a LOTR castle tank for my guppies. How old is your RES Turtle? I have two that are just over 25 years old. The roots coming down look good.

Last edited:
Nice looking tank, I like the hobbit house, I have what I call a LOTR castle tank for my guppies. How old is your RES Turtle? I have to that are just over 25 years old. The roots coming down look good.
I actually found him as he was crossing the street in my old neighborhood. We don’t have wild res here on Maui, so I took him in. So, I know I’ve had him about 3-3.5 years, so, he’s at least that old ??‍♂️

He is a nice looking turtle, here are a few pictures of my turtles.

Attachments

• GEDC1183.JPG
    GEDC1183.JPG
    293.1 KB · Views: 51
  • GEDC1184.JPG
    GEDC1184.JPG
    169.4 KB · Views: 50
  • GEDC1199.JPG
    GEDC1199.JPG
    299 KB · Views: 47
Nice job removing a potentially invasive species from the wild! He's also probably happier in a more stable home :)
How does your blood parrot get along with everyone?

Nice job removing a potentially invasive species from the wild! He's also probably happier in a more stable home :)
How does your blood parrot get along with everyone?
I haven’t seen any kind of issue with Cheeto (my blood parrot). He’s only about a week and a half into the mix, so still a little shy. But I see the trio (BP, firemouth, and the red tail) cruising around the bottom together all the time. It even spends time ‘hiding’ directly under the turtle. Or just checking out what the turtle is up to.

Very cool! Do your buenos aires munch on the plants at all?
At the moment all I have are two different types of Java fern, and they haven’t even nibbled it. I plan on adding an Anubias next. (I like the broad leaves) Hopefully it works out just as well.

Keep us posted, those tetras are on our list of possible stocking options, so interested how your tank works out in the long term!

Fascinating set up. I don't know how you get your substrates not to much mix. I'd love a gravel pathway in one of my tanks but hard to maintain with sand.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

No members online now.
Back