Where Have All The Ghost Shrimp Gone?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

214jay

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hello

I thought I would post because I have noticed a huge decline in shrimp numbers/varieties in all of my local fish shops since I started the hobby over a year ago.  I remember pets at home always stocked lots of random shrimps and were guaranteed to have Ghost shrimp in stock.

It would appear no-where is selling ghost shrimps on the high street, they appear to only be available online!  Any ideas as to where they have gone?  I asked in Pets at home and they suggested the EU have banned them?!?!

Jay

Hmmm, your in the UK so i couldnt say myself, i can buy them here for a dollar a dozen.

Really, wow, shrimp seem to have really declined here in the UK, certainly around where I live :-(

214jay said:
Really, wow, shrimp seem to have really declined here in the UK, certainly around where I live
yay.gif
(

I am just the same. In my local fish shops (including pets at home) they just had Amano shrimp. I know there are shops further a field from me which do have them as per members posts on this forum. But when I check with the majority of mine they just said they would have to order them in. 

So pretty much get them online.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back