Where have all the fishes gone?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Where have all the fishes gone ....reminds me of the song
Where have all the flowers gone...by Peter, Paul and Mary

I did this for a long time and agree. I have retired this year though.
time to come out of retirement :)

------------------
Will the pet shops by them though?

It's been a long time since any of the shops I know use anything except "proper" breeders.
Considering they can't get stock from overseas, I reckon most shops will jump at the chance to buy fish from local customers now. If they don't they are stupid.

No, my betta room turned into a fish room with other fish residing in there too. I set the betta part up as a rescue for sick bettas in cups. I have quite a few of those. :)
Fair play to you, I feel quite alot of us here have ended up with betta's falling out of our ears from rescuing them from pet shops lol

Yep. My preferred lfs is getting all his plants and most fish from local aquarists.

He knows some of the fish I have and even threw it out there if I had any breeding going on, he'd buy anything from me.

Will the pet shops by them though?

It's been a long time since any of the shops I know use anything except "proper" breeders.
My LFS (Maidenhead) is constantly nagging me to make the effort to breed my sids. When I mentioned that they had bred in my tank he went nuts and said he had never heard of anyone breeding them successfully at home. I am a purely accidental breeder. Anything that survives without intervention gets to stay but I make no effort to increase their chances. He said he would take whatever I had if I started to breed seriously, but confirmed that the sids were the only ones (of the fish I keep) that he could offer a premium price for.

He did say that he had zero interest in "common" livebearers and although they take them won't pay for them.

My LFS (Maidenhead) is constantly nagging me to make the effort to breed my sids. When I mentioned that they had bred in my tank he went nuts and said he had never heard of anyone breeding them successfully at home. I am a purely accidental breeder. Anything that survives without intervention gets to stay but I make no effort to increase their chances. He said he would take whatever I had if I started to breed seriously, but confirmed that the sids were the only ones (of the fish I keep) that he could offer a premium price for.

He did say that he had zero interest in "common" livebearers and although they take them won't pay for them.
Dumb question what are sids?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back