Where do i get ammonia from

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

TESS

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
Please can someone tell me where to buy ammonia from, i live in the uk and i have been to tescos at their pharmacy and waitrose, they both looked at me as if i was going to do a robbery -_- .I need to cycle my new tank as my fish have seen the size of it and realy want to move :) .Thankyou

take some rocks from your already established tank and add then to the new tank this will help to cycle it. There are some pinns on top about cycleing.

I have put some gravel from my other tank in yesterday, im hopeing this will start something going. Do they sell ammonia at chemists or in aquatic shops?

Ah, ive just read that in america you can get it from wal-mart, well thats asda in the uk so i will try there even though its 20miles away from where i live :look:

I have never seen any amonia at my lfs. The mods also have a post pinned on how to do a cycle with fish. I am doing that with my 125 gallon tank.

No,no never cycling with fish again, i didnt lose any but i was scared for them and i didnt think it was fair, i lost all my nails. I will find it less stressfull cycling without my lovelys :wub:

I am cycleing with fish and took them from a tank that i already had set up they are now even happier than what they were(that could be because they went from a 10 gallon tank to a 125 gallon tank or 45 liters to 568 liters.) I don't know but that is probably why. :dunno:

Probably yes :D ,mine are going from a so called 40 litre tank (i think its about 30) to a 180 litre tank, fish toppia is near :kana: i just need ammonia -_-

putting the gravel in with out an ammoia source was useless, the bacteria wil die without amonia, you can use fish food and just let it decay in the tank

ok, i will try fish food as i still can not find anywere that sells ammonia.

You'll get ammonia from Boots, thats where i got mine from. I just asked one of the workers for it. It was beside the cleaning agents.

if its helpful at all.... in one of the other topics someone has posted a water additive that basically adds all the things in to speed up cycling, see if you can ifnd that it might be helpful

kiss kiss :wub:
godzuki

Ok thankyou both very much :D .
I looked on the pinned 'where to buy ammonia' but still i can not find it.
I will try and find the additive post.

I cant find the post, and i have looked all over the internet and searched store web sites including chemists and also boots and none seem to have ammonia. I will go to boots tommorow and have a look. What if i cant find any? what do i do? :dunno: .My fish are desperate to move home and ive just noticed something eles i seem to have 3 males and 5 females and the lfs said he gave me 2 males (the sod!) no wonder they are having a go at each other, they are getting bigger and my tank is getting smaller, i need them in the 180 litre tank ASAP. I realy dont want to put them in to cycle yet another tank :sad: , some are pregnant and i need the small tank for the fry realy. Any other suggestions on how to fishless cycle my new tank fast. -_-

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back