Where do I buy a tank cheap in the UK?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
šŸ¶ POTM Poll is Open! šŸ¦Ž Click here to Vote! šŸ°

JxsPxxle

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I want to keep increasing the amounts of tanks I have but itā€™s just so costly! I bought a 5 gallon tank last year which cost me Ā£80, and iā€™ve heard something about a Ā£ per gallon, which sounds great. Can anyone give me some advice on where to shop?

I want to keep increasing the amounts of tanks I have but itā€™s just so costly! I bought a 5 gallon tank last year which cost me Ā£80, and iā€™ve heard something about a Ā£ per gallon, which sounds great. Can anyone give me some advice on where to shop?
Unfortuntely we dont get deals like dollar per gallon sales in the Uk. Facebook market place is a good place to look where you may fall on a bargin tank.

I got a 55 litre tank complete with filter, heater, light etc for Ā£40

I've had very good second hand tanks from Shpock and FB marketplace.
If your buying new don't touch Monster shop tanks. Look great. Big and roomy. But very cheaply made.

Here is the USA, we have a $ per gallon sale at PetCo. (Iā€™m not sure if they have PetCoā€™s in the UK.) I would try looking on Gumtree, or at your LFS.

New? Or second hand.
I keep getting advertisements on Facebook for people flogging their old tanks and they're dirt cheap. I saw a 300 litre for about 40 quid the other day with pump heater and unit to sit on.. Some people just want quick sales but you can probably pick up a good deal for a good tank

I believe you may have Walmarts in the UK. Check out their prices for tanks online. Here in the states they sell a 10 gallon tank with hood light, and filter for $33 delivered. They offer a 5 gallon setup for less than $30.

We have Asda in the UK which is owned by Walmart. But they are not the same as Walmart; they are mainly food supermarkets which sell a few household goods such as towels, plates etc, and clothes. As for the pet section, that's just pet food and little else.

Get yourself along to a fish auction. Most areas seem to have a couple each year. Hardware tends to go for next to nothing, and you can pick up some first rate livestock very cheaply too.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back