Where can I buy peacock cichlids that look like this?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

FishNewbie82912

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I have just made the jump to a 75 gallon!! I want to design around the peacock Cichlid. I love the look of these guys in the pic attached. Where can I find ones like these guys?

Attachments

• 9A6E6746-2F31-4476-A757-7ABB43D66215.jpeg
    9A6E6746-2F31-4476-A757-7ABB43D66215.jpeg
    167.7 KB · Views: 168
Pet shop or cichlid society. But you will probably only get juvenile fish and they are grey and will need 6-12 months to mature and colour up.

Most shops don't carry them but can order them in for you. Next time your at a pet shop, ask them if they can get peacock cichlids.

Oh okay thanks! I saw a couple peacock ones at pet smart yesterday but they weren’t colorful like those. So knowing they take time to color up is good. I have lots of reading to do. Is Cichlid society a website to order from?

My local fish store has a bunch in stock all the time. From juvenile to full bloom. I got mine cheap. They are a pretty fish, but if you're wanting an active fish as well, this ain't the one. They mostly stick around one spot during the day, and seem to be active more.after the lights go out.

Two of them look like OB Peacocks. Or Orange Blue I think. You can get them at most fish stores (special order sometimes) or most online places.

Two of them look like OB Peacocks. Or Orange Blue I think. You can get them at most fish stores (special order sometimes) or most online places.
What are good online sources? I’ve never ordered online. I’m located in CT. I would love to just order some fish and not have to waste time going and shopping around stores.

Cichlid society is a fish club. Lots of states have fish clubs and some are goldfish clubs, some are cichlid clubs, some are rainbowfish clubs and some are just aquarium societies that cover everything fish related.

If you google fish clubs or cichlid society in you area, it should throw out a few clubs/ societies.

Last edited:
What are good online sources? I’ve never ordered online. I’m located in CT. I would love to just order some fish and not have to waste time going and shopping around stores.
I'm not sure because I haven't ordered peacock cichlids. It's my dream to do it one day so I've researched it a lot, but just don't have the space right now. I have ordered other fish from aquaticarts.com which I was really happy with. I also ordered fish from aquabid which I was happy with. Not sure if they do peacock cichlids, but I would imagine they do. Worth checking out.

I have just made the jump to a 75 gallon!! I want to
20210314_214703.jpg
20210301_200739.jpg
design around the peacock Cichlid. I love the look of these guys in the pic attached. Where can I find ones like these guys?
I have about 20 fry of the OB peacock you circled. There only about 1/2" long. When they get big enough to show color and tell Male from female I will be selling them if you are still interested.

I have about 20 fry of the OB peacock you circled. There only about 1/2" long. When they get big enough to show color and tell Male from female I will be selling them if you are still interested.
Wow beautiful!! Thank you. Yes reach out when they’re ready. I did just order some fish. I was tired of wasting trips to the pet stores to leave empty handed. So I placed an order with World Wide Pets for peacocks and rainbow fish. Oh and 2 Clown Plecos! They will deliver once the weather is a bit warmer overnight. I hope they survive!

Most reactions

trending

Back