When YouTube makes you a fish star,and all the rest.

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Stan510

Fish Herder
Reaction score
The last 15 minutes is awful. King guy even takes a shot at Rachel O Leary 'I talk to millions when she talks to 40 people at an event"..not an exact quote. Not sure what set him off. Like I said,he's not much more than a novice at actual fish keeping. His builds are great. Its horse and cart and $$$$$$$$ carrot that seems to run his channel a bit overtly.

The last 15 minutes is awful. King guy even takes a shot at Rachel O Leary 'I talk to millions when she talks to 40 people at an event"..not an exact quote. Not sure what set him off. Like I said,he's not much more than a novice at actual fish keeping. His builds are great. Its horse and cart and $$$$$$$$ carrot that seems to run his channel a bit overtly.
+i dont think hes the worst
check out those ones oriented for kids
raww fishing
catchem all fishing
DISGUSTING

True. Some fish tubers for a free buck will torture their fish "Eaten alive". Complain to YT and they block you.

True. Some fish tubers for a free buck will torture their fish "Eaten alive". Complain to YT and they block you.
Oof. There are fish tubers who do that? Damn
Do you have a video

I don’t have Youtube, mom blocks it on my phone… from what I can gather though it seems you were watching a fish abuser or something along those lines? I watch Fish for Thought and he has seen some pretty bad stuff. It’s sad that people will abuse fish just for money or fame.

Joey slay em is one sadistic tuber. Then some guy who posts Mantis Shrimp killing other creatures and ..more. Just click on one and youtube will fill you with more like that for days.
No linking..why help them?

Joey slay em is one sadistic tuber.
Clearly you're uninformed. Joey Mullen (The King of DIY) has 1.38M loyal subscribers and likely growing. He's been around on Youtube for many years (about 15) and is hardly 'one sadistic tuber'! When he built his gallery, he raised $50k on GoFundMe in less than 48 hours...so he has a lot of fans. Now I have to say that I liked his channel better before the gallery when they were all DIY projects. But how many tank builds and other DIY things are there before it gets redundant. Anyway, it's merely entertainment. Oh and by the way, Joey loves Rachel and his point, that he's made to her, is that there are ways to reach far more people than speaking engagements...and of course, he's right when over a million fishkeepers watch his videos. So I've followed along and will continue watching as he shuts down his private gallery to open his public aquarium gallery. It will be interesting to see where he takes it.

Not sure what what I said about Slay em all is wrong to you. Youtube is really close to killing my interest in watching aquarium vids. Even if you ignore the torture thumbs,they still post them.
Mullen hasn't shown any advanced fishkeeping skills that i've seen. He once boasted he sold $20,000 of Discus in a month. Last I saw,he doesn't have a single Discus tank. He's never shown any breeding skills period. He buys his fish,and few if any of his are hard to keep and need skills.
He's not the last word or any word on any fish that you NEED skills to keep.
No Jellyfish tanks..
He's sort of painted himself into a corner..keep adding tanks and making money from youtube. Sort of like a pyramid scheme.
I predict,one day he will do the talking..and we will later learn his employee's will be doing all the maintenance. I don't think he's really that much into fish much..he just found an opportunity to make big bucks and smile a lot.

One thing about Mullens skill levels..he put a giant Gourami in with $2,000 Asian Arowana..and even seeing the Gourami attack the Arowana,didn't do a thing until the fish jumped out.
I see that on many of these guys and "monster" vids. Just throw them in together..Oscars with Datnoides..just crazy makes no sense mixing.
Oh,he's got the building and plumbing down,but after that..

Ok,here's what I'm saying,I gave compliments to a guy who set up a 300 gallon or so aquarium for South American Cichlids and it was something somebody who knows fish and at least tried to make his aquarium makes sense. He had Severums and the various colorful Earth eater cichlids,Chocolate cichlids,Plecos..and the fish all got along. Nicely decorated.
I tell you,he's one of few that stay in the hobby long enough to get it.

You're entitled to your opinion, but at the end of the day,again, Joey Mullen has 1.38 MILLION subscribers and has done a LOT to promote the hobby in a positive way.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back