When Will I Be Cycled!?! D:

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

annaw123

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Hey guys! I have another thread on Seachem Stability, my tank had ammonia in it right from day 1 despite emptying and re-filling it and also testing my tap water ... 
So anyway I went home this weekend and seeded from my big tank ... These are my readings tonight (tuesday evening) having put the media in my filter and kept it running since sunday evening.
I'M LOSING THE WILL TO LIVE :p

Am I having a mini cycle!?

Attachments

• 20131105_214021_resized.jpg
    20131105_214021_resized.jpg
    36 KB · Views: 107
How did you seed this tank from your main tank?

Filter sponge?
Ceramic media?
gravel/substrate?

And from the sound of it, seems like a mini cycle which does not take very long anyway, give it another day or two and do not do any more water changes. Then post results, hopefully someone with a bit more knowledge will make more suggestions than I can to find out exactly wants going on with your cycle.

You don't say what you have in your tank, live plants for example. And am assuming you are doing fish less cycle?

Can you give exact readings, you should be testing every 2 days so therefore you should be seeing some changes by now.....

I used a big chunk of filter sponge, and also upon advice squeezed the rest of the sponge into a plastic container which I emptied into my tank. I have 5 live plants, fish less cycle :) 
I will test again when I am home on Friday and post the results! :)

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back