When to pull bristelnose pleco eggs?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

nik_n

Fish Crazy
Fish of the Month 🌟
Reaction score
I have a 180l community tank. My bp spawned and the male is in the cave with wigglers. I saw 3 of them put of the cave, 2 were eaten but one is hiding close to the cave. You can see the fry but its mostly egg sack, but the fry can swim slightly. When should I pull the eggs? I want the maximum survival rate so I want to do it right. I would prefer to wait until the risk of fungus is the lowest. My guess is that they spawned 4-5 days ago but I'm not sure. Here is a photo of the fry. Its mostly egg sack with a little fry attached to it.

Attachments

• IMG_20211101_175145.jpg
    IMG_20211101_175145.jpg
    335.6 KB · Views: 24
Pull them now. Take dad, the cave and everything inside it to a separate tank. In a week or so the little ones will use up their yolk sac and come out of the cave looking for food. When they are all out put dad and the cave back in the community tank. Everything in your community tank will eat the baby Bristlenoses.

unfortunately the eggs are gone and the dad isn't in the cave any longer. I pulled the cave just now to check for eggs but there is nothing in there. I'm really disappointed as I really wanted to keep the babies alive. I don't know what happen, possibly other fish ate them or the dad. If they bred again (which I doubt will be any time soon if ever) I will pull the eggs immediately.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back