When the sleeper wakes...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Three female Dwarf Gourami on their way to me, from the Czech Republic.
It appears The Trop Co. has Brexit complications sorted out.
The fish will be with me tomorrow.
Be in touch if you need any help with breeding setup but I'm sure you will have it under control.

Three female Dwarf Gourami on their way to me, from the Czech Republic.
It appears The Trop Co. has Brexit complications sorted out.
The fish will be with me tomorrow.
<whispers quietly>

That's the firm I reported for selling underage/undersize fish.....not just that but they wriggle out of their own DOA policy too....so be aware and check the fish extremely carefully and quarantine them for at least 4 weeks

<whispers quietly>

That's the firm I reported for selling underage/undersize fish.....not just that but they wriggle out of their own DOA policy too....so be aware and check the fish extremely carefully and quarantine them for at least 4 weeks
Thank you and I did hear you the first time. I'll be paying especial attention, following your own experience. ;)

I'm just hoping Tyrion won't kill Nymeria, Obara and Tyene, when they are eventually introduced.

If you're gonna call them that.... surely Tyrion is the one in danger... though the sand snakes are rather independent, which the mysogynistic dwarf definitely won't like....

If you're gonna call them that.... surely Tyrion is the one in danger... though the sand snakes are rather independent, which the mysogynistic dwarf definitely won't like....
I believe the actual dragons were male, so I couldn't use their names...although I'm also aware that dragons can apparently change gender.

I've just been gifted an AquaManta Nano 35, to serve as a Quarantine Tank!
It holds 40 litres, (allegedly) and comes complete with filter, LED light and heater.
This will make an excellent QT and saves me having to set up my old custom 22" cube, which I was struggling to find space for.
This tank fits perfectly on a small and solid table.

Heater and light and more than adequate for the purpose and whilst the pump will be okay, I've been told to use one of my bigger spares.
I've already got plenty of spare substrate and rocks and will be off to acquire a load of plants. (I've also got plants I can move from my two established tanks, so all's good).

This'll be a very rapid Planted cycle, to accommodate Tysha, Shae and Sansa.
Later on, it'll provide a home for shrimp.

The supplied filter media consists of a bag of carbon chips and a bag of PhosNitra*, plus two sponges. I've added a used sponge and filter floss pad from an established tank.
Keeping it simple, but flexible...Tropica Aquasoil to the back and Argos Playsand to the front.
Note that I'm using pieces of slate to keep the two substrates apart and that both substrates are at least 4cm deep, (all the better to plant in).

DSCN4238.JPG

My plant hunt was successful.
Back left: Elodea canadensis
Back centre: Limnophila heterophylla
Back right: Hygrophila difformis
In the lower front, I've added some Bacopa caroliniana and some Alternanthera rosaefolia from my established tanks. All of these are relatively fast growers.
I'll also be adding a nice Java Fern, attached to a piece of wood for the centre.

DSCN4239.JPG

DSCN4240.JPG

*Aquamanta Phos-Nitra Reducer is suitable for use in all types of aquarium and pond filters to help improve water quality and in turn, it helps maintain clear water by reducing nutrients that algae feed upon. Reductions in phosphate and nitrate levels help maintain healthy water and remove important food resources for nuisance algae and slime, drastically reducing their presence in the aquarium. Replace every 4-8 weeks as required for optimum results. Phos-Nitra Reducer comes complete with a re-useable net media bag.

I removed the wood and added the Java Fern and some large pebbles. I've also added a load of Salvinia from my established tanks, as well as the water.
It took six 8 litre buckets to fill, meaning 48 litres, as opposed to the 40 advertised.

The view from the front;
DSCN4241.JPG

From the left hand side;
DSCN4242.JPG

From the right hand side;
DSCN4243.JPG

And when all has settled a little, from the front once more;
DSCN4244.JPG

The light has an all-white option, an all-blue option, or a blue and white option.

I removed the wood and added the Java Fern and some large pebbles. I've also added a load of Salvinia from my established tanks, as well as the water.
It took six 8 litre buckets to fill, meaning 48 litres, as opposed to the 40 advertised.

The view from the front;
View attachment 145439

From the left hand side;
View attachment 145440

From the right hand side;
View attachment 145441

And when all has settled a little, from the front once more;
View attachment 145442

The light has an all-white option, an all-blue option, or a blue and white option.
Gorgeous plants

@wasmewasntit The three female dwarf Gourami survived their journey, safe and sound in a well-packed box.
All three look well enough, although at 3cm, they're a little smaller than I would've liked in an ideal world. However, they're now ensconced in the tank and I'll grow them on a bit before introducing them to Tyrion.
There will now be a period of water testing and changes whenever necessary.

Meanwhile, back in Tank No.2;
Tyrion, the male Dwarf Gourami
View attachment 145447

One of the Kuhli Gang;
View attachment 145448

A Red Cherry Shrimp, on a perambulation;
View attachment 145449

Panda Garra.
View attachment 145450
You take great photos. You probably mentioned the camera again, but can you please remind me? My pics suck. I’ve been using my iPad which is ok for several subjects, but not fish, at least in my hands.

i finally got around to recharging the battery on my nice Canon EOS Rebel XT digital. A CF device that connects to the iPad is due from Amazon today. This was actually inspired more by my axies who prefer dim lighting. I would not want to flash a cell phone light at them, or any other animal. Except the cats who don’t appear to mind.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back