When should they be moved??

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

Jonathan1985

Reaction score
Hello everyone, me again :*)

I presently have two likkle baby Green Spotted Puffers, they are both about 2" in length maximum.

I have them at the moment in a 10G tank which I had spare.

Now I know they need to be in a bigger tank, but at what size do I need to move them over to a 55G tank??

Money is a bit tight at the moment, but I don't want to make them ill.

Any help would be greatly appreciated

They should be in a 30g tank about now, 55g at least as 4-6" puffers.

What are the likely hoods of there being a disaster if I add another 1 or 2 puffers if I put them now into a 55G+ tank?

Will the current puffers bully them? Or if they all go into the tank at once would it be ok?

Can I mix puffer breeds as well? Figure 8's with GSP's?

GSPs Require 30g each. I had 3 in my 55 & they were too crowded. It is not recommended to mix puffer species. GSPs grow 3x as large, are more aggressive & require a much higher SG than F8s.

Can GSP's be converted over to Marine conditions if down slowly? Would really like to go marine and keep me puffers :D

Yes, you shouldn't raise the s.g. anymore than 1.002 a week, and should only really be done once the GSP is around 4".

Cool.. I take it then if I wanted tank mates with them, provided the tank is large enough.. I'd have to get quick moving marine fish?

I have had sucess with damselfish & certain clownfish. Perculas got eaten & a tomatoe chewed off my puffer's tails.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back