When Changing Water For Your Betta

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Nansi

Reaction score
Oct 12,2019

Yesterday I Was Changing Water To My
Betta Bowl - So I Put My Blue Boy In A Betta Cup. Everything Was Going Fine Until I Was Transfering My Beta Back Into
His Betta Bowl - As I Was Doing That My
Betta Decided To Jump And He Fell Into
The Sink

When I unscrewed The pipes under the sink n Looked For Him He Was Gone

Omg I Don’t Think He Lived he must have Went thru the Sewer pipe my poor baby ! So Lesson Here is Make Sure Your No Wear Near A Sink Unless You
Have A Rubber Stopper in The Sink

I Will Miss My Blue Betta

However My Husband Brought me
A Beautiful Dragon Scale Male Betta

Attachments

• A1738C8C-6E79-4112-8206-41DEB276D90E.jpeg
    A1738C8C-6E79-4112-8206-41DEB276D90E.jpeg
    139.6 KB · Views: 99
  • F075801B-E512-495A-B2B6-250750221F27.jpeg
    F075801B-E512-495A-B2B6-250750221F27.jpeg
    123.3 KB · Views: 101
  • B0C9AA9E-331B-4983-9808-6C19EFE65631.jpeg
    B0C9AA9E-331B-4983-9808-6C19EFE65631.jpeg
    135.9 KB · Views: 97
  • 27AD54E9-300F-4AD2-98EC-0A9B18BB0720.jpeg
    27AD54E9-300F-4AD2-98EC-0A9B18BB0720.jpeg
    128.8 KB · Views: 123
  • BF371FE9-8790-4CB5-BBA1-43BAAE75C0E1.jpeg
    BF371FE9-8790-4CB5-BBA1-43BAAE75C0E1.jpeg
    104.8 KB · Views: 104
Hi and welcome to the forum :)

You know what happens to Bettas that end up in the sewer, they come out of the toilet when you're using it.

only kidding they don't come out of the loo :)

------------------------
You don't need to move fish out of tanks when you do a water change. Just use a gravel cleaner to drain some of the water out and to clean the gravel, then top the tank back up with dechlorinated water.

You can buy basic model gravel cleaners from any pet shop or online. You don't need anything fancy, just get a model like the one in the following link.
https://www.about-goldfish.com/aquarium-cleaning.html

That's a drag. As I was reading I thought you'd say he jumped onto the floor but reading further he went down the drain. I would soil myself if that ever happened. I do know one thing for sure: you will never let that happen again. That's one of those once and never again things. Total bummer for you. :(

That's a drag. As I was reading I thought you'd say he jumped onto the floor but reading further he went down the drain. I would soil myself if that ever happened. I do know one thing for sure: you will never let that happen again. That's one of those once and never again things. Total bummer for you. :(
Yes Your Right I feel bad my boy blue is gone

Hi and welcome to the forum :)

You know what happens to Bettas that end up in the sewer, they come out of the toilet when you're using it.

only kidding they don't come out of the loo :)

------------------------
You don't need to move fish out of tanks when you do a water change. Just use a gravel cleaner to drain some of the water out and to clean the gravel, then top the tank back up with dechlorinated water.

You can buy basic model gravel cleaners from any pet shop or online. You don't need anything fancy, just get a model like the one in the following link.
https://www.about-goldfish.com/aquarium-cleaning.html
Lol Thank You For Giving Me This Info . We brought A New Betta Lastnite- it’s A Dragon Scale Male He is Gorgeous n we Named Him Neptune

He could be alive and living in the sewage waste plant with all of the other flushed or sink accident fish. At least until the water is treated. Colin has s correct. I never move my fish out when cleaning.

Deanasue

I know Now I’m So Upset That It Happened To My 1st Betta Blue Was He Name
Trust me I feel Bad I Miss Him. But If
Blue Alive How Will He Survive Without Food n clean water

Sadly, eventually he won’t but it could buy him a little time. That’s why we’re cautioned not to flush live fish. They can end up in public waterways and affect the eco system.They eat algae, bugs, etc. I have accidentally sucked up a couple of fish in my time and didn’t even realize it until later when they weren’t in the tank. Felt awful. One was a beautiful black Moscow guppy. We live and learn.

Sadly, eventually he won’t but it could buy him a little time. That’s why we’re cautioned not to flush live fish. They can end up in public waterways and affect the eco system.They eat algae, bugs, etc. I have accidentally sucked up a couple of fish in my time and didn’t even realize it until later when they weren’t in the tank. Felt awful. One was a beautiful black Moscow guppy. We live and learn.
Sorry That Happened To You Guppy
Husband n I are thinking Biying more different types of male BETTAS they have stackable aquariums for bettas

Sounds great. Just make sure each tank is at least 2.5 gallons. 5 gallons per s better. :)

Beautiful betta! They need to be kept in 80F temp and as mentioned previously, they need at bare minimum of 2.5 gallon container. Is there a heater in there? How often do you change the water? Are you aware of the aquarium nitrogen cycle? Ammonia, nitrites, and nitrates form in the water and become toxic to your fish. It will be very difficult to maintain a cycle in a bowl that small. You will need to do big water changes at every 48 hours. Here is our post on the Aquarium Nitrogen Cycle. Please read to better understand. Contrary to what some pet shop stores will tell you, a betta will not live long in a vase or small container. I want you to be successful. Feel free to ask any questions after reading this information. http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/421488-cycling-your-first-fresh-water-tank/

Last edited:

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back