WhatWhen plant reaches surface of water?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

kevfiz

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
My enchinodorus are just about to reach surface of the aqurium. Will they continue growing? When they reach the top Is there anything I should be doing?

My enchinodorus are just about to reach surface of the aqurium. Will they continue growing? When they reach the top Is there anything I should be doing?
My plants are all echinodorus plants and I can confirm mine do the exact same thing.

At the moment they have actually grown out of the water and they all do this. I don’t think there’s anything you should be doing, but other members may think otherwise.

I have to prune the roots of my plants every few weeks though, or they take over the tank lol!

Best of luck.

Last edited:
The size of Echinodorus species generally depends upon the species genetics. Having said that, environmental conditions obviously affect growth; this includes the light (intensity and spectrum, less duration) and nutrients.

Individual plants of the same species can grow to very different heights. This again is partly due to the environmental factors, but there may be more than those alone. Adventitious plants (daughter plants) from the same parent plant will often grow to different sizes from the parent, and even each other.

I leave my plants alone once they are planted so they can grow as they wish. If they become a nuisance in one tank, I may move them to another.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back