What’s your worst nightmare regarding your fish/pets?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

ThatFishGirl6231

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
Mine is that someday when I’m on vacation, one (or more) of my fish will die but because I’m not home, the body will stay in the tank decomposing and make a huge ammonia spike and then all my fish die.

Mine is that someday when I’m on vacation, one (or more) of my fish will die but because I’m not home, the body will stay in the tank decomposing and make a huge ammonia spike and then all my fish die.
same, also treating a fish with melafix, i have to remove the snails argh

I had that happen. Went on holiday and had someone staying in our house. They fed the fish one died, they all died. The person said they didn't know what to do. What annoyed me is they didn't even phone to say what was happening. The tank was a mess of decomposing fish that you could smell when you walked in the door.

I used to have a used old 6ft long 125 gallon tank from the early 80's. I would have nightmares of waking to or coming home to 125 gallons of water on my hardwoods and all the occupants dead. This was because it was so old and the silicone at the seams was getting questionable. Gave away the remaining stock to a lucky friend and got rid of the tank. Peace of mind is priceless.

I have recurring nightmares of finding tanks with fish that I forgot I had and the fish are on death's door and I'm working to try to save them because it's been so long since they've been fed or tank has been maintained

Mine was actually real a few years ago. I walked in to a torrent of water greeting me as I opened my door and finding my two adult Oscar's just about alive in a little puddle on the carpet. All survived and I was eternally grateful, always haunts me now though, I will never understand how that happened it still blows my mind.

My worst nightmare is losing all of my animals in a house fire. I was an insurance adjuster in a past life, so I’m quite familiar with them.
My second worst nightmare is dying, and my family not knowing what to do with them. I have a deal with a buddy to dispose of the other‘s animals, should one offer us kick off.
My third worst nightmare would be if I were unable to take care of them, if I were to experience economic hardship.

I had that happen. Went on holiday and had someone staying in our house. They fed the fish one died, they all died. The person said they didn't know what to do. What annoyed me is they didn't even phone to say what was happening. The tank was a mess of decomposing fish that you could smell when you walked in the door.
it kinda happened to me too. i left and while i was gone my fish got ich. obviously the babysitter didn’t notice tiny little white dots. when i got back 4 neon tetras were dead and i tried treating my fish but it was too late. all of the rest of the neons died that night and my molly and platies died the next morning.

I have recurring nightmares of finding tanks with fish that I forgot I had and the fish are on death's door and I'm working to try to save them because it's been so long since they've been fed or tank has been maintained
I have that dream only with pet rats. It'll mean some sort of anxiety that you are ignoring and not dealing with.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back