What's your use for used aquarium water?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Ingrid

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
I am wondering if any one has a use for used aquarium water as I am trying to save water. Sorry if this is in the forum . Thanks for any replies

I can't do that at the moment. We've had so much rain that walking on the lawn is like walking on a wet sponge :( I'd drown the garden if I put any more water out there.

I can't do that at the moment. We've had so much rain that walking on the lawn is like walking on a wet sponge :( I'd drown the garden if I put any more water out there.
Here too. I have a long hose attached to a pump so I can take it wherever its needed. Today the end of the hose was straight down the drain.

I water my indoor plants with some of it. Plants are doing great without extra ferts!

As has been mentioned, fish tank water is ideal for all plants, indoor and outdoor. When I had the house with a garden, I had a couple of large garbage-type tubs outside the back door and I filled these on water change day, then used the water over the next few days to water the garden shrubs.

I also like to pour a bucket or two down the toilet each week. These low-flow toilets can clog up especially if you are on the ground level, but this always kept mine running free. I also do the same in the sink in which |I used to rinse sand/gravel, just to keep anything from building up over time. In 18 years it never did.

I would use it on my house plants but my husband would object. I should never have used the word bacteria in his presence, he thinks that we'll both come down with some awful disease if we touch it by accident. However, what he doesn't see is me emptying the water over the garden plants in summer :D

Tell hubby that most fish diseases and parasites can't live out of water for any length of time. Once they dry out, they are dead.

I have tried explaining it but the word bacteria scares him so much he doesn't believe me :rolleyes:

We're approaching Halloween, time to scare him then. Tell him there are protozoans, spirozoans, fungus, bacteria, viruses, parasitic worms that burrow into the fish, tapeworms, thread/ round worms and even Tuberculosis in aquariums. And if he's not careful, you will splash him with fish tank water :)

Frankly, I would rather drink my aquarium water than use a public restroom.

If you really want to freak out your husband. Just mention all the mites he sleeps with every night.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back