What's your Favourite Tetra?

PlasticGalaxy

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
What's your favourite kind of tetra and why?

Mine are rummynose tetras, since, well. You know. Their little red noses. I feel like not liking them should be considered a felony. Thinking about getting a larger school of them one day. Or just a tank full of them and nothing else.

Try and sell me on a tetra that's better than rummynoses.

Rummy nose or Black skirts. Just like seeing them in their groups. Really calming.
To be honest, I've never really gotten the appeal in larger tetras. I got a group of three congo tetras for their colour, but they don't really seem like tetras to me. Too much attitude, way too big for their boots!

To be honest, I've never really gotten the appeal in larger tetras. I got a group of three congo tetras for their colour, but they don't really seem like tetras to me. Too much attitude, way too big for their boots!
Yeah lol, I got black skirts because I liked the way their fins moved in the water. Plus they went well with Dwarf Gouramis so that was a plus.

Rummynose for me as well, Hemigrammus bleheri...there are actually 3 different tetras referred to as "rummynose", but the bleheri are the most attractive, IMO

"The Hemigrammus bleheri is very similar to two of its cousins. The banded Rummy Nose Tetra (Hemigrammus rhodostomus), also known as true Rummy Nose Tetra and Black finned Rummy Nose Tetra (Petitella Georgia) also known as False Rummy Nose Tetra.
All these breeds are native to South American water. However, each species occupies a different region. But the care they require is very much alike."

Source: https://tetra-fish-care.com/rummy-nose-tetra-hemigrammus-bleheri/

Congo. Big, pretty and actually have character.
I have to admit that their colours are quite nice, but mine just used to sit idly in the tank where they found it most comfortable, never really played along. Possibly because my group was too small.

Rummynose for me as well, Hemigrammus bleheri...there are actually 3 different tetras referred to as "rummynose", but the bleheri are the most attractive, IMO

"The Hemigrammus bleheri is very similar to two of its cousins. The banded Rummy Nose Tetra (Hemigrammus rhodostomus), also known as true Rummy Nose Tetra and Black finned Rummy Nose Tetra (Petitella Georgia) also known as False Rummy Nose Tetra.
All these breeds are native to South American water. However, each species occupies a different region. But the care they require is very much alike."

Source: https://tetra-fish-care.com/rummy-nose-tetra-hemigrammus-bleheri/
Wow, I had no idea that there were so many! I can hardly tell the difference...

Got to be the rummy nose for me.
Great shape to them, nice contrast of colours.
School together nice and tight.
I've currently got 8 in my new tank with 2 horned nerite snails. Been wondering what else to put in but honestly contemplating just getting more rummy nose.
They look great in big numbers. Seem to be little hardy buggers too. Can't fault them

Attachments

• 20210413_193043.jpg
    20210413_193043.jpg
    202.5 KB · Views: 120
Got to be the rummy nose for me.
Great shape to them, nice contrast of colours.
School together nice and tight.
I've currently got 8 in my new tank with 2 horned nerite snails. Been wondering what else to put in but honestly contemplating just getting more rummy nose.
They look great in big numbers. Seem to be little hardy buggers too. Can't fault them
that's a cute little snail! make sure there is lots of algae for them to feast on.. (i know this is coming from a guy that tank is ovverun by algae but i've had that before...)

that's a cute little snail! make sure there is lots of algae for them to feast on.. (i know this is coming from a guy that tank is ovverun by algae but i've had that before...)
Thanks..
They're feasting on the glass right now. I've left the back and sides for them. Cleaned the front myself for viewing.
I'll blanch them a slice of cucumber or something later in the week.

Thanks..
They're feasting on the glass right now. I've left the back and sides for them. Cleaned the front myself for viewing.
I'll blanch them a slice of cucumber or something later in the week.
yeah, do you have ideas why my nerite does not eat cooked things?

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back