What's Your Favourite Gourami?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I think gold gourami's are pretty cool. They're very pretty and quite active. They're very peaceful unless you have other large gourami's, then they will chase a bit. They are giant pigs, though.

Pearls a just amazingly beautiful. I have 4 in a tank and they are quite peaceful and nice to watch.

I have a banded gourami that was very pretty and shy when I got it, now it's a terror and it's colors are bleeding and fading as it ages. He was labelled "giant gourami" at Petsmart. Made me laugh...

Honey gourami's are fun to watch - they're pretty animated. I also have some honey gold gouramis, which are considerably smaller than the honeys - they're pretty cool too.

I have one moonlight gourami, extra large. I had been going to Petland near my office for nearly a year and he was always there. Other fish came and went (probably mostly died) and one day on a whim, I decided that he spent enough time in a 10G tank with 20 other fish. He is quite attractive and has developed a faint black stripe along his side since moving into my 125G.

Ah, but I loved dwarf gourami's. I had a bunch of them. Some of them had personalities like no fish I've seen before or since. But they all died. I coined the term SGDS - sudden gourami death syndrome - because of my experience. So, I don't keep them any more, though I would really like to.

I've owned a lovely dwarf gourami and a couple of red honey gourami's in my time. I still like the dwarf gourami even though it can be such pot luck getting a decent fish at the moment. The hardest thing is there really is a gourami for every tank, Chocolate to go with your acid loving dwarf cichlids, sparkling and croaking in your nano tanks, dwarf, thick lipped and honey for the small community. And moonlight, golden, lace and pearl for the larger community. My gourami of choice though has to be the Giant. If you really have the space to let it swim when fully grown then it's a stunning fish.

I've owned golds, blues, sunsets, honeys, and dwarf gouramis in the past but my fav has to be the dwarfs. I once had 5 in a 30g tank. 4 males and 1 female. 2x flames, 1x normal, 1x powder blue, and 1x neon blue. It was interesting to watch the 4 males competing for the female. They constantly kept building their bubble nests (destroying my plants :angry:) and while one was out getting more plant matter for his nest, another male would come near it to destroy it and steal his plant leafs. In the end the neon blue male won the heart of the normal female. I had about 5 new baby gouramis after that.

Gouramis were my favorite fish until I got a few clown loaches. :hyper:

I still want to get some pearls and chocolates in the future.

i love the chocolate gourami

i can't get one though (Tanks to small)

I have to say, gouramis in general dont do ANYTHING for me, this is all the blue/opaline/3 spot/gold. the dwarf gouramis and the honeys and thicklipped and so on... i just dont think they are that great to look at, nice colours but such butch sort of faces and the larger ones can have such nasty tempers and the dwarf gouramis dont last 5 minutes without something or another being wrong.

However, the ones that stump me are the Licorice, Chocolate and Sparkling Gouramis. All are absolutly stunning little fish with lovely temperments and fantastic colours if looked after right!

However, the ones that stump me are the Licorice, Chocolate and Sparkling Gouramis. All are absolutly stunning little fish with lovely temperments and fantastic colours if looked after right!

Sparkling Gouramis, now they are the ones that make quite audible clicks aren't they? I wanted them but couldn't find any, so went for normal Dwarfs. Bit underwhelmed at first but they are growing on me B-)

Definitely Pearls for me. Out of all the gourami I've had they are the prettiest and have the nicest temperment.

My favorite has to be the Blue Gourami because it's beautiful, friendly and the first fish I put in my first 20 gallon freshwater fish tank.

-Elissa L. :hyper:

my7 favourite is my 12" gold giant gourami because he has a massive personality and he's very playfull and he recognises you and follows you about and he loves the camera lol and my next fave is the opaline gourami i have 2 of those too :good:

12062009359-1.jpg

It's the only group of fish I really dont like. The only one exception being the giant variety and I quite like how the liqourice ones look but I probably wouldnt own either.

my opaline were lovely ... but i have a thing for the red finned giant gouramis.. type it in on google images.... SEXY FISH :D

Most reactions

trending

Back