What's your favourite fish?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
German Blue Ram. It has been my solid favourite since I first came across them in 2008.

I love my honey gouramis with their little how-do-you-do feelers. They are all females so the days are spent greeting and eating
"How-do-you-do feelers" made my heart melt. Adorable. Would love to see pictures if you have any of them!

"How-do-you-do feelers" made my heart melt. Adorable. Would love to see pictures if you have any of them!
Awww, here they are. They always come and say hello when I get home. I got two of them in mid how-do-yo-do ?
20210308_165544.jpg
20210308_165527.jpg

German Blue Ram. It has been my solid favourite since I first came across them in 2008.
Me, too. Too bad it's not a fish that you can just set up an aquarium, throw a few in, and that's that.

I figure I'm going to have to age my aquarium for quite a while before I buy any GBRs.

Me, too. Too bad it's not a fish that you can just set up an aquarium, throw a few in, and that's that.

I figure I'm going to have to age my aquarium for quite a while before I buy any GBRs.

You could put them in a tank at any point providing it has healthy, growing plants since the plants will remove any ammonia or nitrates before they become a problem. If you have ammonia and very high nitrate already present then you wouldn’t want to put GBR’s in there.

They take a lot of dedication in that they a prone to HITH and hexamita and they can be aggressive towards each other; all of these things can lead to death. You have to also be patient and slow with water changes as fast changes in water chemistry can make them lose their appetite.

Last thing I would say is that I have kept breeding GBR’s in 25-30 ppm of Nitrate so if elevated nitrates, often attributed to a new tank, are bothering you then there is no need to worry.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back