• sterbai cory (Corydoras sterbai)

Votes: 3 21.4%
  • Gold laser cory (Corydoras sp. CW010)

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Banded cory (scleromystax barbatus)

• corydoras sp. 187

• Emerald catfish ( Corydoras splendens)

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • tailspot cory (Corydoras caudimaculatus)

• Other Cory (please state what this is)

Votes: 5 35.7%

• Total voters

Coryking

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
So as my name suggests I'm a massive Cory fan. So I and many other probably want to know what are your three favourite Cory and the one Cory you want to buy. (emerald catfish are allowed) Please try and keep it to Corys you have experience with. Please say if need be if its long fin or short or other traits you prefer And if possible include images. Many thanks.

My three favourite are long fin albino, Panda and orange venezuela cory. The Cory I would like is CW111
Images
Regular fin albino bronze Cory (sadly lost my long fin to a illness)

Attachments

• IMG_20220810_185859_1.jpg
    IMG_20220810_185859_1.jpg
    250.9 KB · Views: 51
Last edited:
So as my name suggests I'm a massive Cory fan. So I and many other probably want to know what are your three favourite Cory and the one Cory you want. (emerald catfish are allowed) Please try and keep it to Corys you have experience with. Please say if need be if its long fin or short or other traits you prefer And if possible include images. Many thanks. At a later date I may do a poll after reading your favourites.

My three favourite are long fin albino, Panda and orange venezuela cory. The Cory I would like is CW111
Images
Regular fin albino Cory (sadly lost my long fin to a illness)

Your albino is technically a bronze cory, C. aeneus :D Just an albino colour morph of a bronze cory. :) You can also get albino paleatus (Peppered cory) and albino Sterbai's! Both C. aeneus and C. paleatus have a long fin variety, and I assume a long fin albino variety too. :)

Your albino is technically a bronze cory, C. aeneus :D Just an albino colour morph of a bronze cory. :) You can also get albino paleatus (Peppered cory) and albino Sterbai's! Both C. aeneus and C. paleatus have a long fin variety, and I assume a long fin albino variety too. :)
This is a maybe as a couple of different species are commonly sold as alibino; though aeneus are one of hte more popular.

As for favorite i currently like eques and pygmy but tomorrow it might be something else; though when I think about it we aren't suppose to play favorites. I do dislike all alibino (not just cory but all species of fishes) as well as panda (this has to do with genetics of those commonly sold; though maybe one day i'll look into some wild panda; but i'm not sure they've been available for years).
-
well i was mistaken - you can easily get wild panda cory.... hum....

What's your favourite Cory?​

Corydoras pygmaeus...

I've always liked bronze but, to be honest, I don't like any right now. Had a group of 1 albino and 5 bronze swarm, attack and kill a small stardust pleco that cost me $60.00.

Sigh, I still sort of like corys but I no longer trust in that they totally non-aggressive.

I've always liked bronze but, to be honest, I don't like any right now. Had a group of 1 albino and 5 bronze swarm, attack and kill a small stardust pleco that cost me $60.00.

Sigh, I still sort of like corys but I no longer trust in that they totally non-aggressive.
I'm sorry to hear that. It's very odd that they would do that. Are you sure it was the Cory's Maybe next time you could go for a dwarf Cory such as pygmy.

Last edited:
I have Bronze and Peppers....totally different characters & personalities. My Bronze are happy just to snuggle into a group on the sand and fish watch (bit like humans who people watch), the Peppers are just plain lunatics, rarely sitting still, twitchy, playful and scatty.

Cories are fascinating creatures, never a dull moment when they are in an aquarium....they are like human toddlers, always into everything, getting into trouble and apart from sleeping they are either breeding or rough & tumbling and knocking everything and everyone flying.

I simply can tell you one thing : Corys don't kill anything. They don't swarm, attack or kill fish, shrimp anything. They even aren't fysically able to do so. They have a very soft en sensitive mouth without any teeth.

This is a maybe as a couple of different species are commonly sold as alibino; though aeneus are one of hte more popular.

I know that there are a variety of species that have an albino colour variant available, I listed the three most commonly found in the comment you responded to. But the one in @Coryking 's photo, which I assumed was his fish? Is C.aeneus

My three favourites are Corydoras armatus, C sterbai and Corydoras sp (undescribed) Calamar. I don't have any sterbai anymore though.

Then again, there's panda, atropersonatus, aeneus... I mean, when has there ever been a Cory not interesting to have in your tanks?

So as my name suggests I'm a massive Cory fan. So I and many other probably want to know what are your three favourite Cory and the one Cory you want to buy. (emerald catfish are allowed) Please try and keep it to Corys you have experience with. Please say if need be if its long fin or short or other traits you prefer And if possible include images. Many thanks. At a later date I may do a poll after reading your favourites.

Images
Regular fin albino bronze Cory (sadly lost my long fin to a illness)

Wow! I've never even seen a longfin Cory! I'll bet those are really cool!

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back