• Otocinclus

• Synodontis

• Pimelodidae (long-whiskered catfish)

• Other (please specify in replies!)

Results are only viewable after voting.

PlasticGalaxy

Fish Gatherer
Reaction score
Here I am, looking like a clown putting plecos on the poll as though they won't get the least votes.
Vote on your favourite catfish! This could have been much broader or much more precise, but this is the best I can do.

Also, "plecos" counts as the beady-eyed beasts that eat all your fish food and hide in caves. Otocinclus is separate since they take their jobs seriously :p
The pimelodidae family is only there because I recently discovered four-lined pimelodus catfish and I'm in love.

Discussion in the replies is allowed, and you're allowed to change your vote. Not closing this poll, just going to check up on it every now and again to see what people think.
Post your unpopular (or popular) catfish opinions, gush about them or rant about them.

-
Edit: Added "other" option! Please say what your favourite is in the replies!

Last edited:
I gotta keep them all before I can pick a favourite, so I'll check in on this poll in a decade or so... :D ;)

I'll wait up for you! Which haven't you kept yet?
Most of em! lol
Love my otos, love cories, but so far I only have three species of cory out of several hundred, and I've only kept one pleco so far, and haven't had him for long! So many more catfish out there I'd love to keep. Hoplos, farlowellas, the syndontis ones, and more!

Will likely need more than a decade... gotta catch 'em all! :D

I'll be avoiding the red-tailed catfish though. That one, I don't want!

Most of em! lol
Love my otos, love cories, but so far I only have three species of cory out of several hundred, and I've only kept one pleco so far, and haven't had him for long! So many more catfish out there I'd love to keep. Hoplos, farlowellas, the syndontis ones, and more!

Will likely need more than a decade... gotta catch 'em all! :D

I'll be avoiding the red-tailed catfish though. That one, I don't want!
If you get synos, I'd definitely recommend upside down catfish. So much character, and they've got the sweetest beady little eyes... They're becoming a new favourite.

I've never been the biggest fan of catfish if I'm being honest. I do, however, love otocinclus. There is something about those fat little bellies visible on the front of my tank that always makes me smile. The fact that they rarely seem to stop grazing also makes them my go to in most cases.

I've got some albino Cory and also a group of peppered, but while they are a great fish they don't hold my interest particularly.

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back