What’s your favorite movie?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

My Octopus Teacher is a great documentary. SOOO INSPIRING! It inspired me to look into getting an octopus, but decided not to because I didnt have space.
Stuck on a Rock is a great documentary about a Phasmid wich was thought to be extinct. Found in Balls Pyramid - a 1/4 square mile pyramid of rock in the middle of the ocean. Then, mountaineers summiting Balls Pyramid took pics, and they took pictures of different plants, animals, etc. They found a freshly dead Lorde Howe Island Stick Insect, which was the Phasmid I was talking about. Then, 20 years later, biologists went in the night summiting Balls Pyramid, and found a male and a female on a Melanueca bush. The whole population was on a 10 foot ledge on a remote island. They took them back to study, and this guy kept them. He experienced weird behaviors with them. The female climbed to the top of the greenhouse they were in, and hung there for days. Then, he climbed up to the ladder, plucked her off, and didnt know what to do. She was frail. They x-rayed her, and 6 eggs were packed inside her. Since they were found on a Melanueca bush, he fed her melanueca oils, and glucose. He dripped it in her mouth. For 4 days, nothing happened. He would drip in her mouth, and she wouldn't move. The population was over. Then, on the 5th day, she got up. She layed her eggs. Everything was good. Still dunno the reason for that. The Lorde Howe Island Stick Insect has been spread to different zoos throughout the world; San Diego Zoo, and more. If I can get my hands on one, I have a perfect cage for it. Unfortunately, they are critically endangered.

My Octopus Teacher is a great documentary. SOOO INSPIRING! It inspired me to look into getting an octopus, but decided not to because I didnt have space.
Stuck on a Rock is a great documentary about a Phasmid wich was thought to be extinct. Found in Balls Pyramid - a 1/4 square mile pyramid of rock in the middle of the ocean. Then, mountaineers summiting Balls Pyramid took pics, and they took pictures of different plants, animals, etc. They found a freshly dead Lorde Howe Island Stick Insect, which was the Phasmid I was talking about. Then, 20 years later, biologists went in the night summiting Balls Pyramid, and found a male and a female on a Melanueca bush. The whole population was on a 10 foot ledge on a remote island. They took them back to study, and this guy kept them. He experienced weird behaviors with them. The female climbed to the top of the greenhouse they were in, and hung there for days. Then, he climbed up to the ladder, plucked her off, and didnt know what to do. She was frail. They x-rayed her, and 6 eggs were packed inside her. Since they were found on a Melanueca bush, he fed her melanueca oils, and glucose. He dripped it in her mouth. For 4 days, nothing happened. He would drip in her mouth, and she wouldn't move. The population was over. Then, on the 5th day, she got up. She layed her eggs. Everything was good. Still dunno the reason for that. The Lorde Howe Island Stick Insect has been spread to different zoos throughout the world; San Diego Zoo, and more. If I can get my hands on one, I have a perfect cage for it. Unfortunately, they are critically endangered.
We watched My Octopus Teacher in my science class. My friend bet me 5 bucks that the octopus would die.

Just found a picture of the bug you were talking about and now I’m officially creeped out lol

My favorite movie has always been "Love story" with Ryan O'Neil and Ali MacGraw. Yes, I'm a real emotional jerk...! ;)

Hopping onto this really late, but my favourite is Sleepaway Camp, and then Black Butler Book of the Atlantic. Sleepaway Camp is a horror film from the 80s (maybe 90s?) and the other is an anime movie.

I honestly thought it was anime... well I now understand why some of my friends were confused lol
Yeah haha, my top three recommendations for starter anime would be...
- The Disastrous Life of Saiki K/Saiki Kusuo No Sai-nan
- Death Note
- Toilet-Bound Hanako-Kun/Jibaku Shōnen Hanako-kun

If you like reading, all three have manga (Japanese equivalent to comics) which you can find online before, during or after watching the anime.

If you like more heart-wrenching, tear-your-heart-out stuff, I'd also recommend
- Madoka Magica/Puella Magi Madoka Magica
- Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood
- Houseki no Kuni/Land of the Lustrous.

There is one movie everyone must watch
"Schindler's list".
Least we forget

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back