Whats your dream tank?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

Blackhawksfn0286

Reaction score
Mine would be a 100 gal or bigger or like 7 50 gal tanks in one room with all sorts of fish in these tanks... i know it's broad i just can't think right now... but i'll get back to you on it.. so whats your dream tank?

I like to own a very big tank, but I'm scared if they leak, and a big job if you ever have to strip them down, so no maybe I would never own one that big.

I'd love a bigger tank of about 75g so I could keep my frontosa. No room at the inn at the mo :(

75 gallon african cichlid tank and houses 3 clown loaches, another 75 gallon tank with 3 clown loaches and discus, and another 75 gallon to play around with and keep options open.

All the tanks in the world to play around with - it's just a dream right :p

i would want my whole liveing room wall to be an aquarium.... like 2000 gallon, then i would hire someone to bring in declorinated water, and then id pump it in! imagine a school of like 60 africans or somthing.,...

I'd like Takashi Amano to live in my closet and take care of my fish tanks for me. As long as he's the one in charge, I don't care about the details.

Colin_BC said:
Anything big enough to handle a bit of snorkeling/scuba diving!

Colin
:lol: :lol: i saw a movie where this guy decided he was a fish and bought an aquarium to fit in a special room, i think it was like 4000 gallons... had liek 1 1/4 inch glass... it was amazing, he had it custom made in his house... i was really realistic movie :rofl:

Oh, I love these. I remember the last one I thought up, and now I realise it's horribly out there. So I'll try less. This is the fifteen-year-old-me talking, but my boyfriend caters to my fish-whim, and preferably I'll stay with him for a long time, so I'm not hindered by a fish-hater.

A hundred gallon tank, tall. That's right- TALL. The kind of tank most people abhor. A nice wood stand and hood, with a fine grain and daylight bulbs. Maybe I'll get my dad to make it, he's good with wood. Made our 50g stand. Normal equipment- you know, big gurgly filter, two heaters to back each other up. Live plants. Lots of them. All greens, bright greens and dark greens. Weedy plants, floating plants, bristly plants, mossy plants, leafy plants. Natural stones, maybe a quartz rock- are those safe for aquaria?- in a pile at the perfect Golden Section. Hey, I can read the fish-book, I'll figure out where it is. A nice piece of driftwood to hide in the plants, and a mix of brown/gray/black/white gravel, fine white sand and coarse brown sand. Yea, I'm picky about where my fish live.

Angels. A pair of beautiful Angels. A jet-black one, and a pure white. Veils, a breeding pair hopefully, because watching my big Angel Sharkie watch and deal with the seven new baby Angels is just wonderful. They aren't even his, and he's just lost his mate. One looks like her, really. Anyway. Female Bettas, because Bettas are just beautiful, and I love them to bits. Big ones, little ones, bright ones and dark ones. Maybe ten, maybe a dozen. Pygmy Cories- hundreds, a little flock of fish to swoop around and eat stuff. A few Golden Otos to suck up the nasties that we call ALGAE -Dundundun- Purple Striders (that's what the store marked them as; silver, and when they move, a flash of purple on the back) to constantly move move move, swim swim swim. If they're too big, maybe a huge school of Emerald Mini Rasboras. They're the same, with the flashing as they swim, and they never-stopping fins. Kuhlii Loaches, because like the Betta they have a special place in my heart as the Wormy Fish I had when I was little. I remember being a stupid six year old and taking them out of the tank to pet them. Dad didn't like that.

Last but most certainly not least, a crown jewel to the tank. A gorgeous male Betta. Maybe patterened, maybe solid. Who cares about the color, but he has to be a Crowntail, because Crowntails are the best.

... I went overboard, but who cares, it's my fish tank.

Edit: I just saw the Takashi Amano thing. My dad has book one and three, they are so good. I WISH our fish tanks looked like that. But, it's these books that have turned my dad's fish enthusiasm towards the plants. To him the tank is an underwater garden, and the fish are just there.

fufanu360 said:
i would want my whole liveing room wall to be an aquarium.... like 2000 gallon, then i would hire someone to bring in declorinated water, and then id pump it in! imagine a school of like 60 africans or somthing.,...
You mean this?

JT

I wouldn't want an aquarium...

I would like a giant building of them! Like the ones at Monteray Bay Aquarium(largest in the world i belive) When i went there...they had a 3 story kelp forest, and a 1 million gallon tank with tuna and sharks and all sorts of stuff. It was awesome! they didnt really have to worry much about feeding or filtarion either since they were just on a ocen and would drain the stuff at night and fill them up again. Bringing in fresh seawater and all of those little plankkton for food...now thats the way to go.

http://www.mbayaq.org/

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back