What’s wrong with this betta?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

SABWARNER16

Fish Crazy
Reaction score
I brought home a sick betta in hopes I could rehabilitate him. I brought out my hospital tank and put a heater and a cycled sponge filter from a clean healthy tank, as well as some almond leaves and a floating log. He stays curled and has trouble swimming although he is able to get into the log. For the most part is lags almost completely horizontal on the gravel. He does eat blood worms. I fasted him for two days initially. It’s now been five days and while he does move spots very frequently, he still is curled up at the bottom. What should I do?

Attachments

• 93B531BA-F9FD-4AD0-8950-2699EAF3175A.jpeg
    93B531BA-F9FD-4AD0-8950-2699EAF3175A.jpeg
    198 KB · Views: 58
Do daily water changes and gravel clean the substrate to keep the water nice and clean. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Feed him a variety of dry, frozen (but defrosted) and live foods.

Monitor him and hope for the best.

Do daily water changes and gravel clean the substrate to keep the water nice and clean. Make sure any new water is free of chlorine/ chloramine before it's added to the tank.

Feed him a variety of dry, frozen (but defrosted) and live foods.

Monitor him and hope for the best.
I appreciate it thank you. I will do what you suggested :)

Hey y’all. He isn’t doing any better. He still wiggles to different spots of the tank but he won’t go up to the log anymore and won’t eat unless it falls right next to him.

Once fish stop eating it's usually too late. You can try putting food near its mouth so it eats. If it eats enough it might be able to heal itself but it might be too late.

If he will eat food that's next to him yet not swim to food try putting him in a little breeding healing box small enough so the food falls around him and he doesn't have to move much also I know it sounds crazy but my mum had some that hated the light try lights of food for a while and see if anything improves . Does he have a swim bladder problem is he quite large and does his fins all look in shape non damaged ect? Also finding out the temp of the water I's defo needed they can be quite sensitive fish x

So he’s much much more active lately! He still rests at the bottom but he’s less curved and swims to food wherever it is in the tank!

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back