My guppy gave birth to 16 a month ago and she looks like this and I’m concerned

Attachments

• DF20E066-B029-4F79-AFAC-1954594386BF.jpeg
    DF20E066-B029-4F79-AFAC-1954594386BF.jpeg
    147.1 KB · Views: 61
  • 17E553ED-269F-40F6-A0EC-5C39331A2FCC.jpeg
    17E553ED-269F-40F6-A0EC-5C39331A2FCC.jpeg
    122.1 KB · Views: 64
Just confirming she gave birth to 16 fry, a month ago, and now she is skinny and bent?

How long has she been bent for?
Is she eating well?
What does her poop look like?

--------------------
She might have had complications when giving birth and is dying. She looks pretty bad and I doubt she will live much longer. I would euthanise her by wrapping her in a paper towel and whacking her on the head with a hammer. Do this outside on a concrete slab or block of wood then wash your hands and the hammer with warm soapy water.

Just confirming she gave birth to 16 fry, a month ago, and now she is skinny and bent?

How long has she been bent for?
Is she eating well?
What does her poop look like?

--------------------
She might have had complications when giving birth and is dying. She looks pretty bad and I doubt she will live much longer. I would euthanise her by wrapping her in a paper towel and whacking her on the head with a hammer. Do this outside on a concrete slab or block of wood then wash your hands and the hammer with warm soapy water.
She has been bent for a month or so, she’s eating some, and it’s clear

and that’s like sad

Try feeding her a bit more if you can. You want her to have a slightly round belly. My guess is it's a defect from giving birth.

Sorry to say but even if you´d give her more food, she won´t get her normal shape back whatever the cause of the bending might be.

Sorry to say but even if you´d give her more food, she won´t get her normal shape back whatever the cause of the bending might be.
Yes she will not get her shape back but the extra food will help her well being. Her stomach looks too thin.

It is gone, no matter if you try Peas or anything else. Wasting disease is what it is. Nothing you can do about it. If you have clove oil, end it's suffering there or let nature take its course.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back