What’s wrong with my fish?

The April FOTM Contest Poll is open!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to vote! 🏆

LucyC4

Reaction score
Hi,
I’ve had my aquarium for around a year now and I’ve never had a fish acting like this one.
My male dwarf gourami is not wanting to eat and is not swimming around as much as it did. It is somtimes lying on the bottom of the tank or just hovering in one of the corners. My other dwarf gourami isn’t acting like this or any of the other fish are so I don’t think it’s a water quality problem.
I thought it was depression or stress due to previously having a male fighter who terrorised them and who killed many of my guppies and may have killed one of my other gourami’s who died very suddenly, when I found this out I took the fighter straight back to the pet shop. However since then the gourami is still not acting quite right so I’m not sure what to do.

Does anyone have any other explanation to why he is acting like this or if it is depression/ stress do you know how I can help him get back to normal ?
Thank you so much ?

Would you mind sending a picture of the fish and the tank? What is the size of the tank? What other fish are in the tank?

Hi and welcome to the forum?

Any chance pictures and video of all the fish?

If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

-------------------
What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH (in numbers)?
How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank?

What sort of filter is on the tank?
How often and how do you clean the filter?

Have you tried to treat the fish?
If yes, what did you use?

How long have you had the gouramis for?
How long has the fish been acting this way?
Did you add anything to the tank in the 2 weeks before this started?
Are they both males?
What does the fish's poop look like?
Are any of the scales around its belly sticking out?
Is it eating anything at all?

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?

Hi and welcome to the forum?

Any chance pictures and video of all the fish?

If the pictures are too big for the website, set the camera's resolution to its lowest setting and take some more. The lower resolution will make the images smaller and they should fit on this website. Check the pictures on your pc and find a couple that are clear and show the problem, and post them here. Make sure you turn the camera's resolution back up after you have taken the pics otherwise all your pictures will be small.

If the video is too big for this website, post it on YouTube and copy & paste the link here. We can view it at YouTube. If you are using a mobile phone to take the video, have the phone horizontal so the video takes up the entire screen. If you have the phone vertical, you get video in the middle and black on either side.

-------------------
What is the ammonia, nitrite, nitrate and pH (in numbers)?
How often do you do water changes and how much do you change?
Do you gravel clean the substrate when you do a water change?
Do you dechlorinate the new water before adding it to the tank?

What sort of filter is on the tank?
How often and how do you clean the filter?

Have you tried to treat the fish?
If yes, what did you use?

How long have you had the gouramis for?
How long has the fish been acting this way?
Did you add anything to the tank in the 2 weeks before this started?
Are they both males?
What does the fish's poop look like?
Are any of the scales around its belly sticking out?
Is it eating anything at all?

What are the tank dimensions (length x width x height)?
E318E33F-F810-4FAF-A67F-76E23CBDE810.jpeg
0F4BB541-3C9F-409A-B8F3-A1095161F694.jpeg
I hope these photos are clear enough. As you can see this morning the ill gourami is lying up against the log in the first photo but is still moving about. All the other fish as you can see in the second photo are all swimming about including the other male gourami.

The tank is a 60 litre, I clean the filter every time I clean out the tank which is once a week, I exchange 20 litres of water. I change the filter every month.

I got the ill gourami along with another gourami that died a few days ago around a month ago and he has been acting like this for only a few days. I’ve had the new gourami who seems healthy yesterday. The other fish in my tank are some tetras.

None of his scales are sticking out but he has a few nibble marks on his fins and tale that I think he got from that male fighter I had to send back.
Thank you

Most reactions

trending

Members online

Back