What's wrong with my Angel?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Lulupalooza06

Reaction score
Please help! I don't know how to save him/her. This angel was a rescue and well the past couple of weeks have been rough. I accidentally killed off my entire tank for starters :( and then this poor thing was the lone survivor and now this... what is it that he has? First off I was told to put in Fungus cure when I observed these white "pimple" like spots. I turned up the heat and added salt, 2 days and the spots looked like they were disappearing. The next morning he had these pits in his head. Which I was thinking was hole in the head, which my local fish store said that it was not. I wanted some Flagyl, which they don't carry and gave me Furan 2. I expected him to be dead this morning, but he is barely hanging on. I have some Cure All coming in today that I ordered online, but I feel it is too late. :(

Attachments

• angel 4.jpg
    angel 4.jpg
    60.5 KB · Views: 190
  • angel 3.jpg
    angel 3.jpg
    41 KB · Views: 200
  • angel 2.jpg
    angel 2.jpg
    58.1 KB · Views: 190
  • angel 1.jpg
    angel 1.jpg
    70.2 KB · Views: 173
hows your fish doing? sorry to hear and see these problems! I dont know much but have had my fair share of problems. there could be something causing irritation and your fish to then itch it self on objects which would certainly cause damage like that. Do you have decorations that he can scratch on? sometimes when I've had an illness starting I remove my abrasive decor and give it a hot water rinse (I never soap) and let it lay out to air dry a while.

it still doesnt help solve your issue but hopefully someone will post soon! did you get your medicine you mentioned and do proper dosing?

May I ask why you only did the heat and salt treatment for 2 days. Is your pic magnified or are the holes actually that big. Ich can cause pits in the skin as the parasite falls off. Are the white spots still there. If so, I would continue the heat and salt for 2 weeks. Furs -2 is a great med for fighting bacterial infections but I would add Seachem Kanaplex also as it is a antibiotic. The 2 work great together. I would not do the heat/salt at the same time you treat with meds. It will stress the fish. If you feel the spots are not ich then go with the meds ASAP. If you think it is ich then do the heat/salt. The salt is an astringent that will keep wounds clean.

Note: At close look, I don’t believe it is ich. Go with the meds and keep us posted.

Thank you all. Sadly he died the next day. My entire tank got wiped out. :( So with that I’ve cranked the heat up in the tank to 93 and will be completely dismantling it and replacing everything since I don’t know what it was that killed them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back