What’s this grass like plant?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Renzo77

Reaction score
39421EE3-2648-4413-B466-730816198936.jpeg
I recently got this plant but lost the tag on it. And if you guys do know what it is could you tell me whether they’re hard to keep and their requirements?

Did it come with the pot? And, approximately how tall and wide is it? :)

HHmmmmm.......I would say...maybe dwarf hairgrass? (never mind, I looked at it wrong) @Colin_T , or @Byron , might be able to hope you! ;)

Sagittaria is one possible, but I have less experience with these (they tend not to do well, meaning last long, in my tanks perhaps because of the Helanthium in with them). But Helanthium tenellum or H. bolivianum are two other possibles. And there is the similar micro sword, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis.

It is often difficult to ID plants from the nursery (when you don't have the tag or see the invoice to the store) because they will be grown emersed as opposed to submersed when the plant is amphibious as this plant likely is. The form when grown emersed is strikingly different from that when the plant is grown submersed. This is why you will probably observe as these plants settle in your aquarium that new growth will be somewhat different in leaf shape, size (length and width), and shade of green. That is, if this is either a Sagittaria or Helanthium or Lilaeopsis species.

Sagittaria is one possible, but I have less experience with these (they tend not to do well, meaning last long, in my tanks perhaps because of the Helanthium in with them). But Helanthium tenellum or H. bolivianum are two other possibles. And there is the similar micro sword, Lilaeopsis brasiliensis.

It is often difficult to ID plants from the nursery (when you don't have the tag or see the invoice to the store) because they will be grown emersed as opposed to submersed when the plant is amphibious as this plant likely is. The form when grown emersed is strikingly different from that when the plant is grown submersed. This is why you will probably observe as these plants settle in your aquarium that new growth will be somewhat different in leaf shape, size (length and width), and shade of green. That is, if this is either a Sagittaria or Helanthium or Lilaeopsis species.
Thanks for the suggestions, I think they look more like one of the Lilaeopsis species and hopefully they can thrive.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back