Whats This All About?

April FOTM Photo Contest Starts Now!
FishForums.net Fish of the Month
🏆 Click to enter! 🏆

steve...c

Fish Fanatic
Reaction score
http://[IMG]http://i969.photobucket.com/albums/ae175/londonlad_photo/moth013.jpg[/IMG]i found this in the set up of a second hand tank i brought with no instructions in the box and looks like some bits missing can you tell me if there is, or how to rig it up, there dont seem to be anywhere or anything to connect it to or a plug??

ive just put some plants in and have alot more on order shall i wait for the others to arrive before using it?

http://www.hagen.com/pdf/aquatic/CO2_Manual.pdf

this may help you out

oh and yes all the parts are there i had this system for a while but got rid of it and just bought easier plants to grow like cryptocoryns, anubias, aponotogen and aquatic lily bulbs

http://www.hagen.com/pdf/aquatic/CO2_Manual.pdf

this may help you out

oh and yes all the parts are there i had this system for a while but got rid of it and just bought easier plants to grow like cryptocoryns, anubias, aponotogen and aquatic lily bulbs

ok thanks will take a look i only have 3 plants at the mo, some sort of echinodorus,cabomba and alternanthera reineckii would i dont need to use this.

altho just placed a order for the following:
5 x Echinodorus Tennellus
5 x Hygrophilia Polysperma
5 x Red Ludwigia
5 x Ambulia Aquatica
5 x Bacopa Monniera
5 x Red Ivy
5 x Diplis Diandra
5 x Vallis Torta
5 x Elodea Densa
5 x Hairgrass
5 x Bacopa Caroliniana
5 x Pygmy Chain Sword
5 x Cabomba Aquatica
5 x Vallis Corkscrew sml
5 x Sagittaria Subulta

guessing im gona need some sort of help with that lot?

the only things missing form the set is the bracket to hang it off the side of the tank ( the one that no one uses anyway) and 1 rubber sucker for the bubble ladder ( not important-3 will do).. dump the sachets,and :

fill up to the first line ( inside the cannister) with normal sugar,
add one teaspoon of dried yeast ( cheap in tesco)
fill up to the 2nd mark with tepid water

keep an eye on the tube for any signs of the mix creeping thru it, if it does then take out some of the mix ( just a weeny bit at a time) suck/blow thru the hose ( which affixes to the side of the ladder) into water to rinse and start over.
ive only ever used these systems in my tanks, and have never had issues with them.. if after an hour after the bubbles have started running thru there is no sign of the mix creeping, then all should be fine :) they give great results :)

shelagh xxx

http://www.fishforums.net/index.php?/topic/164548-nutrafin-co2-basic-user-guide/

wow thats a lot of plants!!!

thats what i thought, but it is the list of plants in a set, 75 for £8.50 +2.50 p+p
for a 30inch tank and as the ones at my LPS are 2.50 each i thought i might aswell. god knows what they will turn up like tho lol.!!!

i found this in the set up of a second hand tank i brought with no instructions in the box and looks like some bits missing can you tell me if there is, or how to rig it up, there dont seem to be anywhere or anything to connect it to or a plug??

ive just put some plants in and have alot more on order shall i wait for the others to arrive before using it?

I had that system too but eventually replaced it with a DIY system that seems to work ok for me. It's easy to rig up, Sugar to the first little notch in the container, water to the next, add the little packets, 1 yeast one and 1 baking soda one and hook the tubing up.

The bubble ladder has a few little notches so you can place the tip of the tube at different depths (deeper/larger tank=deeper tube placement) make sure the bevel of the tube is pointed toward the bubble ladder.

It may take a few hours to a day or so to begin to see the bubbles come out, that normal.

Hope I helped,

KeithV

i found this in the set up of a second hand tank i brought with no instructions in the box and looks like some bits missing can you tell me if there is, or how to rig it up, there dont seem to be anywhere or anything to connect it to or a plug??

I had that system too but eventually replaced it with a DIY system that seems to work ok for me. It's easy to rig up, Sugar to the first little notch in the container, water to the next, add the little packets, 1 yeast one and 1 baking soda one and hook the tubing up.

The bubble ladder has a few little notches so you can place the tip of the tube at different depths (deeper/larger tank=deeper tube placement) make sure the bevel of the tube is pointed toward the bubble ladder.

It may take a few hours to a day or so to begin to see the bubbles come out, that normal.

Hope I helped,

KeithV

thanks keith, you sure have. i will give it ago tomorrow :good: :good:

i rigged this up over 30 hours ago and still nothing! if anything the water is traveling to the canister not the air to the tank??
the lid is screwed down tight!

any other ideas what could be up with it?

Yeast has a short shelf life, I would go buy some yeast. Morrisons sell it, for 50p a pot.

Yep, sugar up to the internal mark they half a tea spoon of yeast. You should see bubbles in about 15/20 mins.

hey thanks ianho, as i type my fish are having a jacuzzi :good:

Most reactions

trending

Back