Whats the stupidest/most useless fish related thing you have bought.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
I watch my money so I haven't ever bought anything dumb that's fish related, but I just wanted to hear your stories!
Ever? Come on now, every fish keeper has bought something useless in regards to fishkeeping. :lol: ;)

For me it was Melafix, nasty stuff.

Melafix, some ich thing, betta leaf hammock, tears heater, and a 3.5g tetra aquarium kit... That was real bad

An API freshwater master test kit, and a pound of earthworm fish flake that no fish would eat. Both expensive, relatively. I'm a frugal aquarist when it comes to dry goods.

An API freshwater master test kit, and a pound of earthworm fish flake that no fish would eat. Both expensive, relatively. I'm a frugal aquarist when it comes to dry goods.
Well that flake food I understand why you'd regret but why the test kit? I feel that's a must. And it's not as expensive as the strip tests in the long run

Those stupid allegedly self sticky food pellet things that you are meant to stick on the glass by their own suction and the fish crowd round and nibble at

Stupid things never stay on the glass and end up in a heap of mush on the substrate that the fish won't eat so I have to get the turkey baster out and deal with it.

Those stupid allegedly self sticky food pellet things that you are meant to stick on the glass by their own suction and the fish crowd round and nibble at

Stupid things never stay on the glass and end up in a heap of mush on the substrate that the fish won't eat so I have to get the turkey baster out and deal with it.
Yah I've never been interested by those lol

Well that flake food I understand why you'd regret but why the test kit? I feel that's a must. And it's not as expensive as the strip tests in the long run
I would argue, unpopularly, that if you have a decent maintenance regime and change water on a schedule, ammonia tests are a waste of time. I bought the 'master' kit, then had to go out and buy add ons to test water hardness - KH and GH. I would have been ahead not buying the master kit, which gathered dust til I gave it away. I only use test strips if I need to test outdoors, where the vials and cards are inefficient.

I know my tapwater is not polluted, I change 30% a week and I don't overstock. To me, a master test kit tells you if you don't change 30% weekly, have polluted tap, or are overstocked. I can tell myself that and use the $30+ for quick growing plants...

A both the plastic and mesh breed/hospital box. Worthless pieces of crap. Absolutely worthless. Might be great for guppies but for anything else they are just crap. Granted, I purchased them because I needed something ASAP and they were the only option. Now I have a pair of XL acrylic boxes that I love, they actually protect the fry and allow me to do gradual introductions of newer fish to my main tanks.

I would argue, unpopularly, that if you have a decent maintenance regime and change water on a schedule, ammonia tests are a waste of time. I bought the 'master' kit, then had to go out and buy add ons to test water hardness - KH and GH. I would have been ahead not buying the master kit, which gathered dust til I gave it away. I only use test strips if I need to test outdoors, where the vials and cards are inefficient.

I know my tapwater is not polluted, I change 30% a week and I don't overstock. To me, a master test kit tells you if you don't change 30% weekly, have polluted tap, or are overstocked. I can tell myself that and use the $30+ for quick growing plants...
I can agree with that

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Members online

Back