What's the most unique or interesting creature for a cold Freshwater aquarium?

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

snailaquarium

Fish Herder
Reaction score
Hi

Thanks for the help in the past, I am wondering what I could add to a small planted Freshwater aquarium, it has two amano shrimp in already.

if you want coldwater, then amano shrimp cant live in there...goldfish are cute and have personality, that is my opinion. An adult fancy goldfish will need 20 gallons each. Common goldfish need 30 gallons each. Double tails are usually fancy goldfish, single tails are usually common goldfish. Ask me anything else and I would be happy to help! Good luck!

Hi thanks for the response.

Amano shrimp can live in both warm and cold water environments.

However those are big creatures you mentioned, Isshould have mentioned I am thinking of small creatures to add.

Sticklebacks if you live in Europe.
I like White Cloud Mountain Minnows.
Paradise fish.
American Flags (Jordanella floridae).
Galaxiellas and Pygmy Perch if you live in the southern half of Australia.

if you want coldwater, then amano shrimp cant live in there...goldfish are cute and have personality, that is my opinion. An adult fancy goldfish will need 20 gallons each. Common goldfish need 30 gallons each. Double tails are usually fancy goldfish, single tails are usually common goldfish. Ask me anything else and I would be happy to help! Good luck!
Good info with the exception of common, comets, and Shubunkin goldfish. They need 100 gallons for each fish. They are pond fish and do much better in a pond. I have one common in my pond that is 9” long. The others aren’t far behind him. Goldfish won’t work in a small tank.

Most reactions

trending

Back