What's the coolest and/or most useful aquarium related thing(s) you have bought.

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰
Excuse me ignorance, but what exactly would you use a turkey baster for?
Substrate puffing and for delicate spot cleaning on sand/micro gravel around plants or ornaments or rocks where the usual substrate cleaner cannot reach

Sand needs to be puffed occasionally to release pockets of noxious gasses that form from detritus....the baster is perfect for that since you can fill it with aquarium water, poke under the sand surface and force the water in the baster out, thus puffing the sand, release the gas and detritus then use the baster to gently hoover the detritus up without upsetting the sand or fish

Brilliant piece of kit....also handy for feeding amphibians like Axies (and cleaning up after them)

If you have a very steady hand you can use them to suck up fry too and move the fry to somewhere safer like a breeding box/net.

Substrate puffing and for delicate spot cleaning on sand/micro gravel around plants or ornaments or rocks where the usual substrate cleaner cannot reach

Sand needs to be puffed occasionally to release pockets of noxious gasses that form from detritus....the baster is perfect for that since you can fill it with aquarium water, poke under the sand surface and force the water in the baster out, thus puffing the sand, release the gas and detritus then use the baster to gently hoover the detritus up without upsetting the sand or fish

Brilliant piece of kit....also handy for feeding amphibians like Axies (and cleaning up after them)
Ahh thanks :)

Python.
A plastic spaghetti holder with holes drilled in the sides which I’ve attached to the Python at the tank end using electricians cable ties. Left on throughout the WC speeds up the process. Woman’s tights rubber banded to the python nozzle of course.

Python.
A plastic spaghetti holder with holes drilled in the sides which I’ve attached to the Python at the tank end using electricians cable ties. Left on throughout the WC speeds up the process. Woman’s tights rubber banded to the python nozzle of course.
^^ This ^^

Minus the spaghetti holder ....I use that for....wait for it.....spaghetti

Excuse me ignorance, but what exactly would you use a turkey baster for?
I mostly use one when raising frys; for cleaning out bits of uneaten food and dead frys as well as other debris.... don't think guppy frys think rams/angels/agasizzi/hongsloi/.... frys - the tiny ones you actually have to care for unless you happen to have excellent parents... my pucallpaensis are most excellent parents.

What cool and/or useful tool, equipment , decor, or other useful things have you bought?

One useful tool I have would be a grabber tool with which I am able to move around decor in my 24 inch tall hex tank without getting my arm soaked.
I also use it to put algae wafers in exact two spots to feed my 2 plecos at opposite ends of the tank.
I also use it occasionally around the house such as picking up things that fall behind the washer or dryer or reaching things on a tall shelf.
Turkey baster. That dollar store turkey baster gets used more than all my expensive fish-store stuff combined.

A bigger pump over a year ago.Now,can't blame lack of flow anymore and wish for a large pump.
Oversized filters and pumps is a rare thing in the hobby.

A large stick? ha. Actually that's true for me too. I taped a toothbrush to one for leaf and algae removal and a small net to another to net up the gunk. The "sticks" are from palm tree leaf stems. Like bamboo.

The most useful thing I’ve bought is probably my water pump for water changes. It makes life so much easier! Coolest I’ve bought is probably my tiger lotus plants. I’m quite talented at killing live plants, but these guys have thrived and reproduced for me. I guess I’m easily pleased!

If you have a very steady hand you can use them to suck up fry too and move the fry to somewhere safer like a breeding box/net.
Brilliant!!

I would say my diatom filter.. bought years ago.. more then I would like to admit..
Great for water changes..

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back