What's Santa bringing you for Christmas...

FishForums.net Pet of the Month
🐶 POTM Poll is Open! 🦎 Click here to Vote! 🐰

Fishmanic

TFF Contest Czar
Staff member
Global Moderator ⚒️
Tank of the Month 🏆
Reaction score
What fish related items are on you xmas wish list? Do you know if Santa is bringing you any new tanks or new fish for Xmas? Tell us all about it!

If I put the wishlist on here you'd all be reading it until next week, it's rather long. I'm planning to take a trip to my favourite LFS to treat myself before Christmas as they've just restocked so some more Kubotai rasboras and blue shrimp are a present to myself at the very least.

Maidenhead Aquatics do gift cards (vouchers). I tell my family this every day. :)

Put a note on your chimney and ask Santa to bring it in the front door.

I just got my R/O unit yesterday. Got an actual dedicated fish and hobby room in September and I have a new tank acquisition OK'ed for next month. If I ask for anything more I might be treading on thin ice.

A new 20g long tank, fully cycled. It kills me to wait for a tank to cycle. :rolleyes: :X

I would love an electronic PH meter and wish they had electronic ammonia and nitrite readers. I get so sick of washing up test tubes.

I also want a very large cave or slate to build one for my single cichlid that's in my tank of semi-aggressive Gourami's - she would love a respite from the Gourami's which are never serious fighters but chase each other non-stop. At feeding time they are all so busy trying to keep each other from eating that most of the flake foods fall to the ground (where the cichlid eats it - she's VERY large now). So now I get out the dried tubifex worms which all BUT the cichlid love - get them very wet and put little chunks of them between all my fingers and they mostly eat from my hands and stop chasing each other. Their little mouths do have a bit of a tickle to them but never nippy.

I'd also like a bigger room to add yet another fish tank - a 75 gal or 2 - 55 gal. All my big Gourami's need a bigger tank - even though there are just a few - they look silly in a 29 gallon and I'm sure are very uncomfortable - I have the money I just don't have the space unless I get rid of my plant collection (I'll kill all the plants eventually so it's just a matter of time.)

Mine has been the shrimp. I just got some blues, ghosts and cherry and I am treating myself to yellow ones this week :#

My wife doesn't seem like the hobby much so I have a don't ask, don't tell policy!
I hear you man. My hobby isn't exactly embraced with open arms but merely tolerated. So to keep that detent from escalating to hostility I have, at times, resorted to surreptitious means to acquire things. Also, it is good to be nice and not provoke wrath. I know how to fly under the radar.

Well, I’ve already posted the 125G tank I’d like but Santa keeps saying no. If we’re going to dream, I’d like a 17x 17 fish room to put my tanks in.

Well, I’ve already posted the 125G tank I’d like but Santa keeps sayingin no. If we’re going to dream, I’d like a 17x 17 fish room to put my tanks in.
A fish room is the only way to go. You control everything in there. Nobody screwing around and scaring the fish. Lights go on and off when you want and you can have all your stuff out handy without someone complaining. Ideally it would have its own separate heat source then you don't need individual tank heaters. A sink and a refrigerator would be the crowning touches. A window with a bird feeder outside of it and a lock on the door. Your Old Man could build you that Madame'.

I have, at times, resorted to surreptitious means to acquire things. Also, it is good to be nice and not provoke wrath. I know how to fly under the radar.
All very well. Struggling to disguise the fact that my latest emergency hospital tank now has 40ish fish in it :dunno:.
I did like the idea of a separate tank for growing plants and then filling it with shrimp.

Most reactions

trending

Staff online

Back